Thread: Robert Downey Jr is a Conservative?????

Thanks

Default Robert Downey Jr is a Conservative?????

Who knew? Watch the video. I can't see it here, but I saw clips this morning on FNC.

http://www.westernjournalism.com/wat...ist-walks-out/Watch: Robert Downey Jr. Outed As Conservative By Liberal Journalist, Walks Out…

Good on you, Robert, for not kowtowing to these lowlifes.
    Steven Crowder April 22, 2015 at 3:46pm

You have to watch this Robert Downey Jr. interview. It’s cringe-inducing. Not because of Downey, who’s very kind and handles it like a pro… but because of this liberal dopey reporter trying to corner the actor about his politics. “Character assassination by Conservative insinuation,” I guess you can call it.
    Advertisement

Now I’ve talked about Robert Downey Jr. being a semi-Conservative on my show for a long time.. I’ve never gone into graphic detail because–let’s be honest–it can kill a career in Hollywood. But now, thanks to this hack “journalist”, it’ll be everywhere anyway.

How do I know the interviewer is a liberal? Because I’ve given him interviews before. At the Value Voters Summit three years ago, he began asking increasingly bizarre questions. It was clear as day that he was aiming to paint me as a homophobe. When it didn’t work out, he continued on down the trail; and my interviews never saw the light of day.

We see him doing the same thing here. This reporter doesn’t like Conservatives. Just look at his body of work, and it’s clear. Here, he was at a press junket to talk with Robert Downey Jr. about “The Avengers: Age of Ultron.”

Instead, he found it necessary to dig up an old Robert Downey Jr. quote and confront him about his politics. The funny thing is that there’s absolutely NOTHING offensive in Robert’s original quote… unless of course you’re a die-hard liberal. He said to the New York Times in 2009:

I have a really interesting political point of view, and it’s not always something I say too loud at dinner tables here, but you can’t go from a $2,000-a-night suite at La Mirage to a penitentiary and really understand it and come out a liberal. You can’t. I wouldn’t wish that experience on anyone else, but it was very, very, very educational for me and has informed my proclivities and politics ever since.
    So the big question is: why does this reporter feel the need to bring this up? It’s simple. He’s a liberal activist (masquerading as a journalist), who understands the power of someone like Robert Downey Jr.

With one single tweet, Robert Downey Jr. could have more influence than all of the Republican primary contenders combined. Culture is upstream from politics, and liberals know it. They have to protect and maintain their territory in Hollywood. People with dissenting viewpoints must be snuffed out.

Good on you, Robert, for not kowtowing to these lowlifes.
    Libertatem Prius!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks

Default Re: Robert Downey Jr is a Conservative?????

Robert Downey Jr. walks out of U.K. interview with Krishnan Guru-Murthy

'It’s just getting a little Diane Sawyer,' says the Avengers star before walking out of interview

CBC News Posted: Apr 23, 2015 11:51 AM ET Last Updated: Apr 23, 2015 11:51 AM ET

Avengers star Robert Downey Jr. appears to glare at British journalist Krishnan Guru-Murthy during an interview with UK news outlet Channel 4. Moments later, the American actor walked out, after the talk turned a little too 'Diane Sawyer,' he said. (Channel 4 News/YouTube)

A television interview with Robert Downey Jr. turned awkward when a British journalist asked the Iron Man actor a question he didn't like, a new video shows.

Channel 4 News presenter Krishnan Guru-Murthy was sitting down with the American film star, who was in London to promote the upcoming Avengers: Age of Ultron, when the atmosphere turned cool.

It started when Guru-Murthy began asking the Hollywood celebrity Wednesday about his politics. Things went from bad to worse when the presenter queried the recovered bad boy about his time in prison.

Can't see the video? Watch it here.

"Your foot is starting to jump a little," Downey warned as Guru-Murthy treaded on more personal territory. "You better get to your next question."

That's when Guru-Murthy launched into a line of questioning about the actor's relationship with his father and Downey's own notorious drug and alcohol abuse.

"I just wondered whether you think you're free of all that?" Guru-Murthy inquired, prompting a visually upset Downey to interrupt.

"I'm sorry, I really don't … what are we doing?" the actor said, shaking his head.

"I'm just asking questions, that's all," Guru-Murthy replied, prompting Downey to wave goodbye and stand up.

"It's just getting a little Diane Sawyer," the celebrity said, referring to the ABC journalists known for her hard-hitting interviews with stars.
    'I'm shutting your butt down'

And with that, he removed his microphone and walked out the door.

It's not the first time a filmmaker has taken exception to Guru-Murthy's interview style.

Django Unchained director Quentin Tarantino became visibly upset during Guru-Murthy's line of questioning in an interview with Channel 4 News last year, telling the reporter: 'I'm shutting your butt down!' (www.channel4.com)

Last year, Django Unchained director Quentin Tarantino refused to answer Guru-Murthy's questions about violence in Tarantino's movies.

"I'm shutting your butt down," Tarantino said, adding: "I'm not your slave, and you are not my master. You can't make me dance to your tune. I'm not a monkey."
    Libertatem Prius!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks

An insult from Piers Morgan is just insulting. lol

News/
    Piers Morgan Insults Robert Downey Jr. for Walking Out of TV Interview, The View Co-Hosts Support Avengers Star

by Corinne Heller Today 10:26 AM PDT

Tweet

Robert Downey Jr., Piers Morgan
    Robert Downey Jr., Piers Morgan Christopher Polk/D Dipasupil/Getty Images

Shade alert!

British TV and news personality Piers Morgan has harsh remarks for Robert Downey Jr. over his decision to walk out of an interview with the U.K.'s Channel 4 News after the reporter began asking about his past problems with drugs and alcohol. The outlet posted on Wednesday an edited, seven-minute video of the sit-down, which took place during a press tour to promote Marvel's Avengers: Age of Ultron. The actor reprises his role as Iron Man in the film, which hits theaters on May 1.

Morgan, a veteran U.K. newspaper editor who once co-judged America's Got Talent and hosted his own CNN talk show, now works as the U.S. editor-at-large of The Daily Mail's and penned a scathing column blasting the actor's response.

"Ironman (sic) wouldn't run away from an interview, Mr. Downey Jr." Morgan said. "Man up and stop being such a pampered, overly-sensitive prima donna."

Downey has not responded to his remarks.

VIDEO: Robert Downey Jr. presents bionic arm to 7-year-old!

Meanwhile, the co-hosts of ABC's The View, came to the actor's defense and criticized Channel 4 interviewer Krishnan Guru-Murthy's behavior.

"People's past, you know, Downey was last in trouble in 2001," Whoopi Goldberg said. "Get on the movie closest to that if you have questions. Don't wait until the guy has solidly reestablished, done his time, did everything, to come back and try to show what kind of interviewers you are."

The Channel 4 video is titled "Robert Downey Jr full interview: star walks out when asked about past" and was posted on the outlet's official YouTube page on Wednesday. As of Thursday afternoon, it has been viewed more than 2.9 million times.

During the interview, the reporter talks to Downey about The Avengers and his character, Iron Man, for four minutes before he brings up comments he had made following a prison sentence (the actor served almost one year in prison, starting in 1999, for drug charges) and also references dark periods," "taking drugs and drinking and all of that." He asks Downey if he thinks he's "free of all of that," as the camera zooms in slowly on the actor's face.

"I'm sorry, I really don't- what are we doing?" he asks the interviewer, shaking his head.

"Well, I'm just asking questions, that's all," Guru Murthy replies.

"Bye," Downey says, waving as he gets up and leaves.

"Downey Jr's a big boy. He's done thousands of interviews and knows the game. If he didn't want to answer a specific question, all he had to do was smile and say ‘I'd rather not talk about that, sorry. Let's move on,'" Morgan says in his column. "It's really not difficult. Instead, he chose to behave like a pampered, cossetted, arrogant prima donna."

Guru-Murthy also defended himself on Twitter, in wake of what he called the actor's "#walkout." Downey's rep has not commented.

Oh dear. Abrupt end to our Robert Downey Jr interview when we started talking about jail and drugs. #walkout #c4news pic.twitter.com/NKz9HkAnZk
    ? Krishnan Guru-Murthy (@krishgm) April 22, 2015

@SammiRobinson we did discuss it, explicitly, with his PR

@IanSanders yes I think so. We'd told the PR we'd like to talk about the movie and his life

READ: Robert Downey Jr. reflects on his past drug use

"Krishnan Guru-Murthy was just doing his job. And doing it in a manner entirely consistent with the way he normally does his job at Channel 4 News," Morgan added. "Robert Downey Jr. should have understood that, and been more courteous. He didn't have to spill out his guts about his past if he didn't want to. But nor did he have to throw his toys out of the pram. Ironman (sic), on balance, would have probably stuck it out."

Morgan also noted people who had walked out on him after he posed questions they didn't want to answer—Republican politician Christine O'Donnell and Frasier star Kelsey Grammer.

"We recently bumped into each other and had a laugh about it," he added about the actor.
    Libertatem Prius!

Creepy Ass Cracka & Site Owner Ryan Ruck's Avatar
    Thanks

Krishnan Guru-Murthy was just doing his job.
    No he wasn't Pierce. Downey Jr. was there to promote a new movie. Answer questions like, "How long does it take to put on the Ironman costume?", "Are viewers going to be surprised by anything your character does?" Stuff like that, not have the past and politics dredged up in a gotcha ambush.

Now shut your cockholster Pierce or we'll have Jeremy Clarkson come over and smack you one again. I hear he has a lot of free time nowadays and more recent experience in physical combat.

Thanks

I watched the Alex Jones-Piers Morgan interview the other day.

Laughed my ass off at both of them.
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

Now shut your cockholster Pierce or we'll have Jeremy Clarkson come over and smack you one again.
    That!

lol
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by American Patriot View Post
    I watched the Alex Jones-Piers Morgan interview the other day.

Laughed my ass off at both of them.
    I'm surprised they didn't create a critical mass of asshole being in such close proximity to each other.

Thanks

Wonder what that would have looked like from a distance? Shit flying everywhere? A giant sucking black hole? A massive rift in the space-time continuum? A complete and total collapse of a space 6 feet across encompassing them as they were sucked into hell?

Not sure.

lol

For all of Alex Jones' weirdness, he was clearly on point 87% of the time. And he was right about Morgan being a "Red Coat" lol
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

I suspect the gravity well would have exceeded that of Rosie O'Donnell's.

Thanks

Lol!
    Libertatem Prius!

Thread Information