Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Overbearing DOJ

Thanks

Default Re: The Overbearing DOJ

FedEx is a target of the government. It's a company that was formed by a man without a lick of college, makes a lot of fucking money, is the epitome of capitalism and is successful.
    Libertatem Prius!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Creepy Ass Cracka & Site Owner Ryan Ruck's Avatar
    Thanks

This is true.

I thought Fred Smith might be Republican leaning given this stuff from the DOJ and I've seen some info that supports that but, I also saw where Obama had praised him and FedEx so I'm not sure where he stands exactly.

Thanks

Listen, if you are a company or corporation, and you make a LOT of money... you're a target.

Hell, even Mal has his limits on "too much money". lol
    Libertatem Prius!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks

Except that my limits are obscenely high numbers. If Fedex's profits post tax are more than 100 times the taxes they paid, then yeah, maybe they make too much.

I'm willing to bet as a whole, governments at every level make more money from Fedex than Fedex does.

Every Dollar that Fedex brings in as profit gets taxed.
    Every dollar that Fedex passes on to its employees gets taxed
    Most dollars that those employees spend are taxed.
    "Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat."
    -- Theodore Roosevelt

Thanks

I just want to make more than the government.

And then tell them to pound sand.

lol
    Libertatem Prius!

Where it's quiet, peaceful and everyone owns guns
    Thanks

Companion Thread: DHS new Terror Warning: "We are now focused on Americans taking up arms"

DOJ ‘Monitoring’ Arkansas Gun Range Owner Who Banned Muslims

AP Photo/Robert Ray

by AWR Hawkins25 Apr 2015790
    The Department of Justice is “monitoring” Gun Cave Indoor Firing Range owner Jan Morgan in Hot Springs, Arkansas, for banning Muslims from shooting in the facility.

At that time, Fox News reported that Morgan decided to ban Muslims after “two customers she deemed suspicious” showed up in September. Since that time, she has excluded those “she believes to be Muslim based upon their names.” She said, “We are dealing in lethal firearms. I am not going to let a Nazi shoot in here, or a Ku Klux Klan member in here, either.”

Breitbart News reported that the Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR) wrote a letter to Attorney General Eric Holder asking him to intervene. In the letter, CAIR said, “Given the recent spike in anti-Muslim rhetoric, including Islamophobic statements by government officials, community leaders and media outlets, death threats, and other bias incidents targeting Muslims, I urge you to investigate this matter soon.”

The ACLU also asked the DOJ to intervene.

And now, the DOJ says it is “monitoring the situation.”

According to The Washington Post, the DOJ has not provided details indicating any investigation has been opened, but CAIR is pleased that the DOJ has become involved, and they hope it will lead to an investigation in the future.

CAIR’s Jennifer Wicks said, “We welcome this positive development and hope it leads to a thorough investigation of clear violations of the civil rights of American Muslims and those perceived to be Muslim by the gun range owner.”

In January, “A South Asian father and son accused Morgan’s business of turning them away.” They claimed Morgan assumed they were Muslim because their skin was brown. The identities of the two are not known because they demanded anonymity “out of safety concerns.”

Morgan rejected their claims, stating it was their behavior, not their skin color, that led her to think they “might not be safe handling firearms in [her] range.” Morgan made clear that her range does not discriminate based on skin color, and explained her belief that the South Asian father and son applied to shoot with an “agenda.” She said their actions were “clearly designed to create the situation that occurred.”

Follow AWR Hawkins on Twitter @AWRHawkins. Reach him directly at awrhawkins@breitbart.com.

Nikita Khrushchev: "We will bury you"
    "Your grandchildren will live under communism."
    “You Americans are so gullible.
    No, you won’t accept
    outright, but we’ll keep feeding you small doses of
    until you’ll finally wake up and find you already have communism.

."
    We’ll so weaken your
    until you’ll
    like overripe fruit into our hands."

Thanks

Justice Department Funding Study On ‘Far-Right’ Social Media Use

June 1, 2015

The Department of Justice is concentrating on "far-right" groups in a new study of social media usage aimed at combating violent extremism.

The Justice Department's National Institute of Justice (NIJ) awarded Michigan State University $585,719 for the study, which was praised by Eric Holder, the former attorney general, earlier this year.

"There is currently limited knowledge of the role of technology and computer mediated communications (CMCs), such as Facebook and Twitter, in the dissemination of messages that promote extremist agendas and radicalize individuals to violence," according to the NIJ grant. "The proposed study will address this gap through a series of qualitative and quantitative analyses of posts from various forms of CMC used by members of both the far-right and Islamic extremist movements."

The study draws more upon right-wing forums than upon the corners of the web inhabited by Islamist extremists.

"We will collect posts made in four active forums used by members of the far-right and three from the Islamic Extremist community, as well as posts made in Facebook, LiveJournal, Twitter, YouTube, and Pastebin accounts used by members of each movement," the grant said.

"The findings will be used to document both the prevalence and variation in the ideological content of posts from members of each movement," the grant continued. "In addition, we will assess the value of these messages in the social status of the individual posting the message and the function of radical messages in the larger on-line identity of participants in extremist communities generally."

The project will also "identify the hidden networks of individuals who engage in extremist movements based on geographic location and ideological similarities."

Click for more from The Washington Free Beacon.

Thanks

AG Lynch Testifies: Justice Dept. Has ‘Discussed’ Civil Legal Action Against Climate Change Deniers

March 9, 2016

Attorney General Loretta Lynch testified Wednesday that the Justice Department has “discussed” taking civil legal action against the fossil fuel industry for “denying” the “threat of carbon emissions” when it comes to climate change.

During Lynch’s testimony at a Senate Judiciary Committee hearing, Sen. Sheldon Whitehouse (D-R.I.) said that he believes there are similarities between the tobacco industry denying scientific studies showing the dangers of using tobacco and companies within the fossil fuel industry denying studies allegedly showing the threat of carbon emissions.

He went on to point out that under President Bill Clinton, the Justice Department brought and won a civil case against the tobacco industry, while the Obama administration has “done nothing” so far with regard to the fossil fuel industry.

Whitehouse concluded his comments by posing a question to the country’s top law enforcement officer.

“My question to you is, other than civil forfeitures and matters attendant to a criminal case, are there other circumstances in which a civil matter under the authority of the Department of Justice has been referred to the FBI?” he asked.

“This matter has been discussed. We have received information about it and have referred it to the FBI to consider whether or not it meets the criteria for which we could take action on,” Lynch answered. “I’m not aware of a civil referral at this time.”

(H/T: CNS News)

Thanks

I, American Patriot, deny there is any such thing as Man Made climate Change. I also counter charge the administration, Leftists, morons, Progressives, and Marxists with making up words and then changing the meaning.

In the 1960s there was man made global cooling. When that didn't come to fruition, you changed it to global warming. When people got on to you about the lying behind the science, and the damned lack of actual science, you again changed the words to "climate change".

Well, dumb asses, Climate Change happens, and the SUN, that giant assed nuclear fireball in the sky is directly responsible for it all. NOT man kind, not our tiny penitence of use of oil or coal. No, assholes, it's called "science" and "weather". NOT Climate Change.

Bring it bitches. I'll shoot the first one that approaches my person with a warrant because you're too fucking stupid to continue to be allowed to breed.
    Libertatem Prius!

Thread Information