Thread: NFL 2009-2010 Season

Threaded View

Thanks

Default Re: NFL 2009-2010 Season

I play fantasy football, so I have a few questions:

Will Cutler raise the play of Hester?

Modestly yes. Not too much so though.

Will Owens raise the play of Edwards?

Nope. Owens is talented but he can't stop INTs and bad passes.

Will Moss and Brady be the top connection for QBs and WRs?

Possible. Really depends on Brady's comfort after his injury and rehab.

With TJ gone in Cincy, will Ocho Cinco see more passes and will he and Carson be of any value?

Yes and no. Ocho will see more passes come his way, but he and Carson aren't best pals and they have other weapons.

Will Peterson win the rushing title or LT? Or any other?

Peterson unless he gets hurt.

What kind of value will Reggie Bush have?

Middle to high middle value.

Can Arron Rodgers be a high value QB?

Not this season.

Who will have the top rated Defense this year?

Steelers... Who else?

That's probably the best I can answer those questions. Like any predictions they're only brilliant if I'm right. If I'm wrong it's Ryan's fault. (his site)... I'm not really a fan of fantasy football to be honest. Probably because I never took the time to really explore it. But I do have a basic understanding of how it all works. If you're looking for a surprise this year, it's unlikely to be much different than last. Only difference is Tom Brady should have good numbers if he remains healthy. And I'd definately bank on Peterson being more productive than LT this year. LT is getting on in years and his productivity is bound to plummet eventually. They always do.

If you can get one of these QBs you should be alright... Peyton Manning, Drew Brees, Tom Brady or Jay Cutler. They all have consistantly high numbers. Carson Palmer is 50/50 to be honest. Some years he's stellar and others he's a goat. WR I'd look at some of last year's youngens. RB from Falcons, Cowboys, Jags or Vikes. And for Defense, I'd go with anyone from the Eagles or Steelers though there are some standouts with other teams like Joey Porter with Miami and a couple from the Cowboys.

BTW New Guy... It's been awhile since I've posted much so I forgot to use smile faces and such in my previous post where I was messing with you about the vikes. My best friend I grew up with is a huge Vikings fan and I give him crap all the time. In all seriousness, While their draft may have been decent, we won't really know that for a couple of years since most won't start. Right now figure on them being depth. Now it's possible one or two may get the start but I wouldn't expect a lot out of them this season. The Vikings have a half way decent defense overall and a damn good one vs. the run. On offense they have likely the best running back in the NFL today IMO. But without a solid QB the offense will have to rely on the defense to win games for them. Ok. So the Steelers did just that all the way to the Super Bowl last year right? Well... Big Ben made game winning final drives in 6 regular season games and in the Super Bowl. The QB is important.

I Think if the Vikings get a healthy Brett Farve they may have a good shot at winning their division. Without him, not so good. But it's apples and oranges to Jay Cutler and the Bears. Jay isn't nearly as respected as Farve. Not even close there. But he has the sheer numbers to impress any Fantasy Football player. Chicago has some decent WRs and TEs for him to throw to also. Their defense is their biggest question mark. On a good year they're stifling. On a bad year Detroit can run on them. So based on all that I give Chicago the edge. But if I'm wrong... Hey it's Ryan's fault. Remember?

Last edited by Brian Baldwin; July 9th, 2009 at 19:53. Reason: spelling error
    Brian Baldwin

Yea though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death I shall fear no evil.... For I am the meanest S.O.B. in the valley.

"A simple way to take measure of a country is to look at how many want in... And how many want out." - Tony Blair on America

It is the soldier, not the reporter, who has given us freedom of the press.

It is the soldier, not the poet, who has given us freedom of speech.

It is the soldier, not the campus organizer, who has given us the freedom to demonstrate.

It is the soldier who salutes the flag, who serves beneath the flag, and whose coffin is draped by the flag, who allows the protester to burn the flag.

-Father Denis O'Brien of the United States Marine Corp.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thread Information