Thread: Fort Hood Attack - Terrorism in America

Thanks

Default Re: Terrorism here in the US

Here you go you Muslim maggots.

A WOMAN stopped him. HAHAHAHA

Hood Cop who Stopped Hasan 'Fearless'

November 09, 2009
    Fort Worth Star-Telegram

KILLEEN, Texas -- Police Sgt. Kimberly Munley is a hero. And lucky to be alive.
    The diminutive officer was shot in both legs Thursday during her gunbattle with Maj. Nidal Malik Hasan, the man accused of killing 13 fellow Soldiers during a shooting rampage at Fort Hood. One of the shots severed her femoral artery.

Dr. Kelly Matlock, an anesthesiologist at Metroplex Adventist Hospital, said Munley owes her life to the Soldiers who tied tourniquets to her legs to stop the bleeding, long before she ended up in the emergency room.

"She would have died before she arrived without those tourniquets," she said. "She would have bled to death. They saved her life."

A hospital spokeswoman said Munley, 34, an Army veteran and mother of two daughters, was in stable condition Friday evening.

Munley's husband is stationed at Fort Bragg, N.C., but was en route to Fort Hood.
    Her neighbors in southwest Killeen said they were not surprised that she took on Hasan. An officer with the Fort Hood Police Department and member of its SWAT team, she had been directing traffic nearby and responded to the shooting when she heard gunfire. About three minutes after Hasan began his attack, she dropped him with four shots.

"She was at the right place at the right time and knew what to do," neighbor Dawn Beato said.

Munley is considered a guardian angel in the new subdivision of one- and two-story brick homes. Several months ago, two men appeared to be breaking into Munley's house, said Erin Houston, who lives two doors down.Munley's response?

She said: "I'm armed, and if you come in, I'm going to shoot you," according to Houston.

After the men left, Munley came around to other houses in the neighborhood, checking on everyone and informing them that she was available if they needed help.

"Most of us live alone because our husbands are deployed," Houston said. "Having her here made us feel more safe. We're all happy to have her in the neighborhood."

Beato said that though Munley is petite, she's extremely fit and sure of herself.

"She's not quiet," Beato said. "She's very outgoing...she carries herself with a lot of confidence."

Munley is also well-respected in the North Carolina communities where she lived and worked before moving to Texas.

Munley worked for the Wrightsville Beach Police Department for two years starting in spring 2000, Police Chief John Carey said.

"She was a good officer -- she was basically fearless," Carey said. "I'm not really surprised that she went head-on with this."

Carey said Munley was qualified in "active shooter training," which may have helped her take out Hasan. "We are very proud of her for the actions she took," he said.
    She is a 1993 graduate of Hoggard High School in Wilmington, N.C., where she was a popular student, Principal Dave Spencer said.

"She was a student you'd remember 17 years later," Spencer said. "We are very thankful that it appears that she is going to be OK."
    Libertatem Prius!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks

Protected by the Constitution of the country they detest, radical Muslim converts like Yousef al-Khattab and Younes Abdullah Mohammed preach that the killing of U.S. troops overseas is justified. In their thinking, so were the September 11, 2001, attacks on the United States - and so are attacks on almost any American.
    Well.. it's about time the rest of us started using OUR God given, Constitution protected Rights as well.

Hey you Christian and Jew Haters....

We don't like you EITHER. In fact, if you try to kill us, we WILL kill you.

Must be a terrible thing that a mere WOMAN shot your so-called "hero".

He was a terrorist in Military clothing. He WILL be tried by UCMJ, and they WILL execute him, by hanging, just like Sadam was hanged.

IF he somehow gets through that alive, then the Great State of Texas will execute him, of course after a 'fair trial'.

If Texas doesn't get him... I'm sure some "American Freedom fighters" WILL get him in prison. The poor thing.

No VIRGINS for him!

President Obama said Friday he met with FBI chief Robert Mueller and other federal agencies to discuss what may have caused Nidal Malik Hasan to turn on his comrades in Thursday's shooting rampage at Fort Hood that left 13 people dead and 28 wounded.

President Obama, with ALL due respect... you need to shut up. It is NOT your place to tell us whether to jump to conclusions or not.

In fact, let me point out that the FBI stated LESS THAN AN HOUR after the shooting started, and were NOT YET EVEN ON SITE the "No terrorism link" - which is standard fare for the White House these days.

Do NOT tell Americans how to think.

We're sick of it.

This asshole was a terrorist.

He has a muslim name. He went to Mosques. He consistently was "against the war" and "for the poor oppressed muslims" that he felt America was opressing. There are TIES to Al Qaeda! (Oh my, I'll bet you didn't know THAT, Mr. President!) But some of us know it.

We can all read. We can see. We know what happened that day, you can't hide it.

There have been FIFTY FIVE such incidents in the United States now. ALL OF THEM ARE TERRORIST ATTACKS.

It stops today, or we as Americans will stop it.

Mr. President, are you listening? No, of course not, you don't want to hear from the PEOPLE who run this country and pay your check.

All three morning shows on Friday identified the man who killed 12 at an Army base in Texas as a Muslim. However, Good Morning America’s Diane Sawyer repeated a concern from Thursday’s World News: "...We heard Martha Raddatz say last night that the wife of a soldier said ‘I wish his name had been Smith,’ so no one would have a reflexive question about [a religious motive]."

In comparison, on Thursday’s CBS Evening News and NBC’s Nightly News both programs failed to reveal the religious faith of Hasan. GMA, as well as CBS’s Early Show and NBC’s Today, did not shy away from politically incorrect details, such as the surveillance footage of Major Nidal Malik Hasan in full Muslim garb in the hours before the shooting. Correspondent Brian Ross dug up information and informed, "In this internet posting earlier this year, Nadal Hasan compared suicide bombers to G.I.’s who saved their colleagues by throwing themselves on a grenade."
    REFLEXIVE??????

I don't think there is ANYTHING reflexive about putting the name, religion and the DEED into the same category.

EVIL.

If there is Evil in the world today it is Muslims.

Politically Incorrect? Yes?

Hate Speech? There is no such thing in America. I am an AMERICAN, I can say what I want.

"He said Muslims had a right to attack" the U.S., said Col. Terry Lee, who worked with Hasan at the Texas post, where the devout Sunni Muslim refused deployment. "He said Muslims shouldn't be fighting Muslims," he added. "He was very clear on that."
    Then Americans have the right to attack those who attack us.

The deadly rampage at Fort Hood is forcing Pentagon officials to confront difficult questions about the military's growing Muslim population.
    When you join the military, you pledge allegiance to the flag, of the United States of Ameirca.

NOT YOUR RELIGION!!!!!!!!!!!

Just say NO to Muslims in the military.
    Libertatem Prius!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks

Using my GOD GIVEN right to PROTEST the maggots who think they can kill US military personnel on OUR soil, wearing OUR military uniforms, getting an AMERICAN education, probably paid for by US taxpayer money, no doubt.

I think you people need to be hunted down and REMOVED from the US Military.

Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

Ft. Hood victims honored; wounded still recovering

http://www.wtoctv.com/Global/story.asp?S=11465619

Most-Read Stories

Family of MG Tony Cucolo react to Fort Hood shooting

Death toll at 13, suspect in coma

Fort Hood: Another victim of shooting rampage dies

Army: Civilian officer shot gunman, ended rampage

Most-Viewed Videos

By WTOC Staff
    FT. HOOD, TX (WTOC) - There are more details in the tragic incident that happened at Fort Hood earlier this week.

Witnesses say Major Nidal Hasan stood on a desk at Fort Hood's Soldier Processing Center and started shooting, firing at least a hundred rounds from a semi-automatic handgun that was not government-issued.

Forty-six people were struck or grazed by bullets ricocheting off desks and the floor.
    Saturday at the base, all of the names of the dead were read aloud.

For those who are still in the hospital, experts say the recovery will not be easy.

"There is a possibility that they will be physically impaired the rest of their lives and there's no doubt they will be psychologically impaired the rest of their lives," said chief of surgery Roy Smythe.

Hasan remains under guard at the Brooks Army Medical Center in San Antonio. Investigators will not say much about his condition except that he is not conscious.
    President Obama and the First Lady will attend a memorial service for the victims in Texas on Tuesday.
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

Fort victims had different reasons for enlisting

By CARYN ROUSSEAU and ROBERT IMRIE, Associated Press Writers Caryn Rousseau And Robert Imrie, Associated Press Writers – Fri Nov 6, 6:50 pm ET

The 13 people killed when an Army psychiatrist allegedly opened fire on fellow soldiers at Fort Hood, Texas, included a pregnant woman who was preparing to return home, a man who quit a furniture company job to join the military about a year ago, a newlywed who had served in Iraq and a woman who had vowed to take on Osama bin Laden after the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks. Here is a look at some of the victims.

___

Francheska Velez

Velez, 21, of Chicago, was pregnant and preparing to return home. A friend of Velez's, Sasha Ramos, described her as a fun-loving person who wrote poetry and loved dancing.

"She was like my sister," Ramos, 21, said. "She was the most fun and happy person you could know. She never did anything wrong to anybody."

Family members said Velez had recently returned from deployment in Iraq and had sought a lifelong career in the Army.

"She was a very happy girl and sweet," said her father, Juan Guillermo Velez, his eyes red from crying. "She had the spirit of a child."

Ramos, who also served briefly in the military, couldn't reconcile that her friend was killed in this country — just after leaving a war zone.

"It makes it a lot harder," she said. "This is not something a soldier expects — to have someone in our uniform go start shooting at us."

___

Pfc. Aaron Thomas Nemelka

Nemelka, 19, of the Salt Lake City suburb of West Jordan, Utah, chose to join the Army instead of going on a mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, his uncle Christopher Nemelka said.

"As a person, Aaron was as soft and kind and as gentle as they come, a sweetheart," his uncle said. "What I loved about the kid was his independence of thought."

Aaron Nemelka, the youngest of four children, was scheduled to be deployed to Afghanistan in January, his family said in a statement. Nemelka had enlisted in the Army in October 2008, Utah National Guard Lt. Col. Lisa Olsen said.

___

Pfc. Michael Pearson

Pearson, 21, of the Chicago suburb of Bolingbrook, Ill., quit what he figured was a dead-end furniture company job to join the military about a year ago.

Pearson's mother, Sheryll Pearson, said the 2006 Bolingbrook High School graduate joined the military because he was eager to serve his country and broaden his horizons.

"He was the best son in the whole world," she said. "He was my best friend and I miss him."

His cousin, Mike Dostalek, showed reporters a poem Pearson wrote. "I look only to the future for wisdom. To rock back and forth in my wooden chair," the poem says.

At Pearson's family home Friday, a yellow ribbon was tied to a porch light and a sticker stamped with American flags on the front door read, "United we stand."

Neighbor Jessica Koerber, who was with Pearson's parents when they received word Thursday their son had died, described him as a man who clearly loved his family — someone who enjoyed horsing around with his nieces and nephews, and other times playing his guitar.

"That family lost their gem," she told the AP. "He was a great kid, a great guy. ... Mikey was one of a kind."

Sheryll Pearson said she hadn't seen her son for a year because he had been training. She told the Tribune that when she last talked to him on the phone two days ago, they had discussed how he would come home for Christmas.

___

Spc. Jason Dean Hunt

Hunt, 22, of Frederick, Okla., went into the military after graduating from Tipton High School in 2005 and had gotten married just two months ago, his mother, Gale Hunt, said. He had served 3 1/2 years in the Army, including a stint in Iraq.

Gale Hunt said two uniformed soldiers came to her door late Thursday night to notify her of her son's death.

Hunt, known as J.D., was "just kind of a quiet boy and a good kid, very kind," said Kathy Gray, an administrative assistant at Tipton Schools.

His mother said he was family oriented.

"He didn't go in for hunting or sports," Gale Hunt said. "He was a very quiet boy who enjoyed video games."

He had re-enlisted for six years after serving his initial two-year assignment, she said. Jason Hunt was previously stationed at Fort Stewart in Georgia.

___

Michael Grant Cahill

Cahill, a 62-year-old physician assistant, suffered a heart attack two weeks ago and returned to work at the base as a civilian employee after taking just one week off for recovery, said his daughter Keely Vanacker.

"He survived that. He was getting back on track, and he gets killed by a gunman," Vanacker said, her words bare with shock and disbelief.

Cahill, of Cameron Texas, helped treat soldiers returning from tours of duty or preparing for deployment. Often, Vanacker said, Cahill would walk young soldiers where they needed to go, just to make sure they got the right treatment.

"He loved his patients, and his patients loved him," said Vanacker, 33, the oldest of Cahill's three adult children. "He just felt his job was important."

Cahill, who was born in Spokane, Wash., had worked as a civilian contractor at Fort Hood for about four years, after jobs in rural health clinics and at Veterans Affairs hospitals. He and his wife, Joleen, had been married 37 years.

Vanacker described her father as a gregarious man and a voracious reader who could talk for hours about any subject.

The family's typical Thanksgiving dinners ended with board games and long conversations over the table, said Vanacker, whose voice often cracked with emotion as she remembered her father. "Now, who I am going to talk to?"

___

Sgt. Amy Krueger

Krueger, 29, of Kiel, Wis., joined the Army after the 2001 terrorist attacks and had vowed to take on Osama bin Laden, her mother, Jeri Krueger said.

Amy Krueger arrived at Fort Hood on Tuesday and was scheduled to be sent to Afghanistan in December, the mother told the Herald Times Reporter of Manitowoc.

Jeri Krueger recalled telling her daughter that she could not take on bin Laden by herself.

"Watch me," her daughter replied.

Kiel High School Principal Dario Talerico told The Associated Press that Krueger graduated from the school in 1998 and had spoken at least once to local elementary school students about her career.

"I just remember that Amy was a very good kid, who like most kids in a small town are just looking for what their next step in life was going to be and she chose the military," Talerico said. "Once she got into the military, she really connected with that kind of lifestyle and was really proud to serve her country."

___

Kham Xiong

Kham Xiong, 23, of St. Paul, Minn., a 2004 graduate of Community of Peace Academy, enjoyed hunting and fishing.

"The sad part is that he had been taught and been trained to protect and to fight. Yet it's such a tragedy that he did not have the opportunity to protect himself and the base," his father, Chor Xiong, told KSTP-TV through an interpreter.

Xiong's 17-year-old brother, Robert, described Kham as "the family clown, just a real good outgoing guy."

Community of Peace Academy Principal Tim McGowan told the AP that Chor Xiong informed the charter school of his son's death. Family members picked up pictures of Xiong on Friday for a memorial service, McGowan said.

"He was just a well-rounded individual with a great personality. He was very fun-loving, one who brought a smile to everyone's face he came across," McGowan said.

___

Associated Press writers Amy Forliti in St. Paul, Minn., Jennifer Dobner in Salt Lake City, Richard Green in Oklahoma City and Sophia Tareen, Michael Tarm and Amy Shafer in Chicago contributed to this report. Rousseau contributed from Bolingbrook, Ill., and Imrie from Wausau, Wis.
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

Hasan went to mosque with 9/11 hijackers.

He went to strip clubs like 9/11 hijackers

I hope this piece of shit gets well soon so we can hurry up and put him to death.
    "Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat."
    -- Theodore Roosevelt

Thanks

Fort Hood, Texas (CNN) -- Thirteen people died after a mass shooting Thursday at Fort Hood, a sprawling Army post in Texas. Here's a look at the victims.

Chief Warrant Officer Michael Grant Cahill (Ret.), Cameron, Texas

Michael Cahill, 62, liked his job as a physician's assistant at Fort Hood so much that he only took one week of recovery time after undergoing heart surgery, his sister told CNN affiliate KREM.

Cahill, who served in the Army Reserve, previously worked as a registered nurse, Marilyn Attebery told KREM. He later returned to school to pursue a career as a physician's assistant, she said. Cahill was assisting with physicals for soldiers preparing for deployment at the time of the shooting, his sister said.

"I'm just upset for all the families and for what went on here. They're talking about wars and show wars and it's right there in Fort Hood and it's just devastating to everybody and all the families," Attebery told KREM.

Cahill is survived by his wife, Joleen, three children and a grandson, Attebery said.

Maj. Libardo Eduardo Caraveo, Woodbridge, Virginia

Libardo Eduardo Caraveo, 52, arrived in the United States from Ciudad Juarez, Mexico in the mid-1970s, when he was a teenager, his son, Eduardo Caraveo told the Arizona Daily Star.

He knew little English then, the younger Caraveo told the newspaper. By 1986, Caraveo, the first in his family to attend college, according to the newspaper, had earned his Ph.D. in psychology, his son said.

Caraveo worked with bilingual special-needs students in Arizona before he entered private practice, the newspaper reported, citing the slain man's son.

He then took positions in several locations for the Federal Bureau of Prisons, the newspaper reported. He had worked for the bureau since the early 1990s.

Attorney General Eric Holder released a statement Saturday saying that Caraveo was a Bureau of Prisons psychologist. "My thoughts and deepest sympathies" are with his family, Holder said.

His son told the newspaper that his father was preparing to deploy to Afghanistan with a Wisconsin-based combat-stress-control unit, the Arizona Daily Star said.

The newspaper said he had been in the Army National Guard for nearly a decade.

Caraveo was assigned to the 467th Medical Detachment, Madison, Wisconsin.

iReport.com: Share memories of victims

Army Staff Sgt. Justin DeCrow, Plymouth, Indiana

Justin DeCrow, 32, was a "loving husband and father, and we're going to miss him," sobbed his wife, Marikay DeCrow, from their home in Evans, Georgia.

The couple has a 13-year-old daughter.

DeCrow went to Fort Hood in September to prepare for his deployment to Iraq, which was scheduled for sometime between December and March, Marikay DeCrow told CNN.

He had just come back from a tour in South Korea, where he worked in satellite communications, she added.

Daniel DeCrow, Justin DeCrow's father, told CNN affiliate WSBT in South Bend, Indiana, that his son joined the Army after finishing high school in Plymouth, Indiana.

He last spoke to his son last week, WSBT reported.

"As usual, the last words out of my mouth to him were that I was proud of him," Daniel DeCrow said, according to WSBT's Web site. "That's what I said to him every time -- that I loved him and I was proud of what he was doing. I can carry that around in my heart."

Capt. John Gaffaney, San Diego, California

John Gaffaney, a 56-year-old Army reservist, was a psychiatric nurse and worked for two decades in San Diego County, California, where he helped elderly victims of abuse and neglect.

Ellen Schmeding, assistant deputy director of the county's Aging and Independence Services Department, told CNN affiliate KFMB that Gaffaney most recently served as a supervisor for the county's Adult Protective Services Department.

"Everybody is quite shocked and shook up over what happened," Schmeding said.

Gaffaney, the father of a grown son, traveled to Fort Hood this week for a yearlong overseas deployment. Before he worked for the county, he had been in the Army, where he earned the rank of major, Schmeding said.

Schmeding said Gaffaney "really felt he could make a difference" serving members of the armed forces.

He will be "sorely missed," she said.

Spc. Frederick Greene, Mountain City, Tennessee.

Greene, 29, was assigned to the 510th Engineer Company, 20th Engineer Battalion, Fort Hood, Texas.

Spc. Jason Dean Hunt, Tipton, Oklahoma

Hunt, 22, wanted to be part of something greater than himself, his sister Leila Willingham told CNN. He enlisted in the Army in 2006 and spent his 21st birthday in Iraq, she said. He chose to re-enlist, dedicating the next six years to the military.

"I think that says a lot for that kind of man who makes that kind of choice for his country," Willingham said.

Willingham sobbed as she talked about the love she had for a brother who made her "super proud."

Hunt was recently married and set for his second deployment to Iraq, his sister told CNN's "Larry King Live."

I couldn't imagine something like that -- attacking another soldier. It's just ridiculous. I don't understand it.

--Kristopher Craig, brother of shooting victim Michael Pearson

Hunt graduated high school in 2005 and tried his hand at a career in information technology, Willingham said. But he had a different calling.

"I really feel like when he enlisted in the Army, he fulfilled that part of himself that wanted to serve other people and live for something greater than himself," Willingham said.

She said she doesn't know the details of her brother's death, but wants to believe he died trying to save others. "It's something he'd do," she said.

Sgt. Amy Krueger, Kiel, Wisconsin

Amy Krueger, 29, was a high school athlete who joined the military after the September 11, 2001, attacks, Kiel High School Principal Dario Talerico told the Milwaukee (Wisconsin) Journal Sentinel.

"I know she was proud to serve and proud to share her experience," Talerico told the newspaper. "She took pride that she was able to serve her country."

Krueger played for the high school basketball and softball teams and graduated in 1998, Talerico said.

A high school friend who later shared an apartment with Krueger had fond memories of the sergeant.

"She was one of the best people you could have ever met," Carrie Marie Senkbeil told the newspaper.

Pfc. Aaron Thomas Nemelka, West Jordan, Utah

Aaron Nemelka, 19, graduated from high school and enlisted in the military in the same year -- 2008. He was set to deploy to Afghanistan in January, his family told CNN affiliate KUTV.

Nemelka, the youngest of four children, was happy to offer his service, the family said in a letter read aloud by Lt. Col. Lisa Olsen of the National Guard to KUTV.

"Aaron was very happy as a combat engineer. He was anxious to be deployed to Afghanistan in January."

Family members said they were devastated by their loss.

Nemelka's uncle, Maj. Michael Blades, read a statement from his nephew's family.

"Aaron was very proud to serve in the military," Blades said, adding that many others in his family had also served in the armed forces.

"His mission is completed in this life. He now serves a higher calling in heaven," Blades read. "We love him, we miss him, and we look forward to that glorious day when the family will be reunited with him."

Nemelka had a girlfriend and he may have had plans to marry her, KUTV reported.

Pfc. Michael Pearson, Bolingbrook, Illinois

Michael Pearson, 22, enlisted in the Army more than a year ago to realize his musical dream. He hoped the military would be his path to college, where he could study musical theory, his brother Kristopher Craig told CNN affiliate WGN-TV in Chicago, Illinois.

"He was a genius as far as we were concerned," Craig told WGN-TV, reeling from the news that his 21-year-old "little kid brother" was dead.

"He was really living his life playing guitar," Craig said. "When he picked up a guitar, we all understood that he was expressing himself."

Pearson was scheduled to deploy either to Iraq or Afghanistan in January, his brother said. He was learning to deactivate bombs and training in the Mojave Desert, said his mother, Sheryll Pearson. She was looking forward to seeing her son at Christmas.

He was shot three times in the spine and chest and died on the operating table, she said, according to TV affiliates in Chicago.

"His father is still in shock and very angry," Sheryll Pearson said. "We're all very angry."

Craig, who also had been stationed at Fort Hood and now serves in the Illinois National Guard, said he cannot accept a fellow soldier gunned down his brother.

"It's unfathomable," he said. "I couldn't imagine something like that -- attacking another soldier. It's just ridiculous. I don't understand it."

Capt. Russell Seager, Racine, Wisconsin

According to Milwaukee, Wisconsin, radio station WUWM, which did a profile on Russell Seager earlier this year, the 51-year-old man was a nurse from the VA Medical Center in Milwaukee and worked to help veterans with mental health problems related to war experience.

Seager, who signed up for the Army Reserve four years ago, was preparing to deploy to Iraq, the radio station reported.

"I've always had a great deal of respect for the military and for service, and I just felt it was time that I stepped up and did it," Seager told the radio station, talking about his deployment.

"I mean it sounds corny and patriotic, but when you talk to people that decide to do this, the feelings are similar," he said.

The radio station, whose profile on Seager aired in August, said he had a Ph.D. in alternative medicine and would have been working in Iraq to prevent mental health problems from developing in troops.

He was assigned to the 467th Medical Company, Madison, Wisconsin.

Pvt. Francheska Velez, Chicago, Illinois

Francheska Velez, 21, lived the dream her father never realized.

Velez enlisted three years ago, an act her father Juan Guillermo Velez always wanted to accomplish, he told CNN affiliate WGBO. He encouraged his three-months pregnant daughter to stick with the military after she gave birth.

"My advice to her was to continue with her career in the military after she had her child," he told WGBO. "Then she would tell me, 'Daddy,' always with a smile on her face, which I will never forget, 'I will continue with my military career.' That was a dream that she made happen for me."

Francheska Velez had recently returned from Iraq and was transferred to Fort Hood last week because she was pregnant, her father said.

In the wake of his loss, Juan Velez struggled to comprehend why.

"It's a very difficult slap because you understand if it was terrorists or if it happened over there during the war. What hurts the most is that one of her own killed her and in her own house, the base where there should have been security."

Lt. Col. Juanita L. Warman, Havre De Grace, Maryland

Warman, 55, was assigned to the 1908th Medical Company, Independence, Missouri.

According to the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, which spoke with Warman's sister Margaret Yaggie of Roaring Branch, Pennsylvania, the slain woman was a military physician's assistant. She had spent most of her career in the military, her sister told the newspaper, and had put herself through the University of Pittsburgh.

Warman had two daughters and six grandchildren, the newspaper reported.

Spc. Kham Xiong, St. Paul, Minnesota

Kham Xiong, 23, was preparing for his first deployment since joining the Army, his sister told CNN affiliate KARE.

Xiong enlisted last year and was scheduled to deploy to Afghanistan in January, Mee Xiong said.

She thinks her brother was at the site of the shooting because he was getting a medical checkup and vaccinations, she said.

With another brother serving in Afghanistan, the news of Kham Xiong's death is "hard on the family," his sister said.

"He is a loving person, everyone loves him and adores him," Mee Xiong told KARE.

Her brother was a father of three, KARE reported.
    Libertatem Prius!

Where it's quiet, peaceful and everyone owns guns
    Thanks

Officials: U.S. Aware of Hasan Efforts to Contact al Qaeda

Army Major in Fort Hood Massacre Used 'Electronic Means' to Connect with Terrorists

By RICHARD ESPOSITO, MATTHEW COLE and BRIAN ROSS
    Nov. 9, 2009

ABC Video: Fort Hood Suspects Ties to Terrorists

Even worse, U.S. intelligence officials were aware of this months ago, and "it's not known whether the military was ever told by the CIA or others that one of its majors was making efforts to communicate with figures under electronic surveillance."

Given media's discomfort with discussing Hasan's Muslim ties, as well as their desire to never point fingers at the Obama administration, it's going to be very interesting to watch how Ross's exclusive report on "Good Morning America" Monday will be covered in the coming days (video embedded below the fold with full transcript):
    ROBIN ROBERTS, ABC: We're going to turn now to the attack at Fort Hood. Authorities are actively investigating whether the suspected gunman, Major Nidal Malik Hasan, had links to any terrorist organizations. Our chief investigative correspondent Brian Ross has learned that Hasan was most-likely trying to just do that, forge that kind of link?

BRIAN ROSS, ABC: Indeed, Robin. As Major Hasan's road to increased radicalization becomes clearer, ABC News has learned that U.S. intelligence agencies became aware months ago that he was attempting to make contact with people connected to al Qaeda.

Two American officials who have been briefed on classified information say it's not known whether the military was ever told by the CIA or others that one of its majors was making efforts to communicate with figures under electronic surveillance by the U.S. Congress has now asked the CIA and other intelligence agencies to preserve all documents that relate to Hasan, as it appears a full investigation is now likely into whether the warning signs were missed.

Officials say they suspect Hasan was in contact with the former Imam of a mosque in Falls Church, Virginia, who now operates out of Yemen. Anwar al Awlaki, an American, runs an English language website that advocates worldwide jihad, and overnight called Major Hasan a hero and a man of conscience who did the right thing. Awlaki left for Yemen after he come under investigation by the FBI for his ties to two of the 9/11 hijackers. He denied any involvement in their plot, but continues to urge violence against the U.S.

We also heard this weekend from one of the Army doctors who studied with Hasan, Dr. Val Finell, who says he complained to his superiors about Hasan and his strident views on the war and religion.

(VIDEOTAPE):
    DR. VAL FINELL: He would frequently say that he was a Muslim first, and an American second. And that came out in just about everything that he did at the university. And we questioned how somebody could take an oath of office, be an officer in the military, and swear allegiance to the Constitution, and to defend America against all enemies foreign and domestic, and, and have that type of conflict.
    (END VIDEOTAPE)

ROSS: Shortly after that, Hasan was promoted to Major, and scheduled to be deployed to Afghanistan.

ROBERTS: (Inaudible) the military is being very cautious, worried about any possible backlash.

ROSS: This just seems to be a lone wolf serious emotional troubles.

ROBERTS: All right, Brian, thank you for your investigation.
    Fascinating stuff which obviously raises questions about how these new details will be reported in the coming days.

Go to the link for the rest of the article.

http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/fort-hood-shooter-contact-al-qaeda-terrorists-officials/story?id=9030873

Nikita Khrushchev: "We will bury you"
    "Your grandchildren will live under communism."
    “You Americans are so gullible.
    No, you won’t accept
    outright, but we’ll keep feeding you small doses of
    until you’ll finally wake up and find you already have communism.

."
    We’ll so weaken your
    until you’ll
    like overripe fruit into our hands."

Thanks

Fort Hood gunman had told US military colleagues that infidels should have their throats cut

Major Nidal Malik Hasan, the gunman who killed 13 at America's Fort Hood military base, once gave a lecture to other doctors in which he said non-believers should be beheaded and have boiling oil poured down their throats.

By Nick Allen in Fort Hood
    Published: 5:00PM GMT 08 Nov 2009

Maj. Nidal Malik Hasan, the U.S. Army doctor named as a suspect in
    the shooting death of 13 people and the wounding of 31 others at Fort Hood, Texas
    Photo: GETTY

He also told colleagues at America's top military hospital that non-Muslims were infidels condemned to hell who should be set on fire.

The outburst came during an hour-long talk Hasan, an Army psychiatrist, gave on the Koran in front of dozens of other doctors at Walter Reed Army Medical Centre in Washington DC, where he worked for six years before arriving at Fort Hood in July.

Colleagues had expected a discussion on a medical issue but were instead given an extremist interpretation of the Koran, which Hasan appeared to believe.

Related Articles

It was the latest in a series of "red flags" about his state of mind that have emerged since the massacre at Fort Hood, America's largest military installation, on Thursday.

Hasan, armed with two handguns including a semi-automatic pistol, walked into a processing centre for soldiers deploying to Iraq and Afghanistan, where he killed 13 and injured more than 30.

Fellow doctors have recounted how they were repeatedly harangued by Hasan about religion and that he openly claimed to be a "Muslim first and American second."

One Army doctor who knew him said a fear of appearing discriminatory against a Muslim soldier had stopped fellow officers from filing formal complaints.

Another, Dr Val Finnell, who took a course with him in 2007 at the Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences in Maryland, did complain about Hasan's "anti-American rants." He said: "The system is not doing what it's supposed to do. He at least should have been confronted about these beliefs, told to cease and desist, and to shape up or ship out. I really questioned his loyalty."

Selena Coppa, an activist for Iraq Veterans Against the War, said: "This man was a psychiatrist and was working with other psychiatrists every day and they failed to notice how deeply disturbed someone right in their midst was."

One of Hasan's neighbours described how on the day of the massacre, about 9am, he gave her a Koran and told her: "I'm going to do good work for God" before leaving for the base.

A civilian police officer who shot him, bringing the rampage to an end, said Hasan appeared "calm" during the massacre, hiding behind a telephone pole and shooting fellow soldiers in the back as they tried to get away.

"He was firing at people as they were trying to run and hide, said Sgt Mark Todd. "Then he turned and fired a couple of rounds at me. I didn't hear him say a word, he just turned and fired."

Hasan flinched after he was shot and slid down against the pole still clutching his gun, which had a laser sight on it. The officer kicked away the weapon and handcuffed him.

He said: "The guy was breathing, his eyes were blinking. I could tell that he was fading out and he didn't say anything. He was just kind of blinking."

Senator Joe Lieberman, who chairs the US Senate Committee on Homeland Security, said there had been "strong warning signs" that Hasan was an "Islamist extremist".

The committee would ask "whether the Army missed warning signs that should have led them to essentially discharge him, he said. He added: "The US

Army has to have zero tolerance. He should have been gone."

But General George Casey, the Army's Chief of Staff, said it was "speculation" that military authorities failed to pick up on warning signs. "I don't want to say that we missed it," he said.

Asked if military authorities had missed warning signs Gen Casey, the Army's Chief of Staff, added: "We have to go back and look at ourselves ,and ask ourselves the hard questions. Are we doing the right things? We will learn from this.

"It's too early to draw conclusions but we will ask ourselves the hard questions about what we are doing and the changes we should make as a result of this."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Alleged Army terrorist counseled

48 Muslims in chaplain's absence

November 09, 2009

The suspected Fort Hood terrorist served as a lay Muslim leader running Islamic services on the base in the absence of the Muslim chaplain, WND has learned. He also mentored at least one young convert to Islam whose parents worked at the sprawling Texas post.

Hasan's religious activities raise the specter that others may have been radicalized, investigators worry. There are nearly 50 Muslim soldiers serving on the base.

Army Maj. Nidal Malik Hasan allegedly shot 46 fellow soldiers and security guards and murdered 13 in the worst act of terrorism on U.S. soil since 9/11.

Witnesses say the devout Muslim officer jumped up on a desk and shouted, "Allahu akbar!" – Allah is greatest – before opening fire and spraying more than 100 bullets inside a crowded building where troops were preparing to deploy to Afghanistan and Iraq.

Get "Muslim Mafia: Inside the Secret Underworld That's Conspiring to Islamize America," autographed, from WND's Superstore.

"He was preparing for a martyrdom operation," a U.S. Army intelligence official said. "There is no evidence that this was an issue of an emotional aberration. It was well planned."

Not long after Hasan transferred to the base earlier this year, he sat down with Muslim chaplain Maj. Khalid Shabazz to discuss carrying out Shabazz's "vision" at the Fort Hood chapel when Shabazz was away. Shabazz helped lead Islamic services at the base's Ironhorse Chapel, which serves 48 Muslim soldiers.

"I found him to be very pleasant," Shabazz said of Hasan.

Shabazz, who recently left the base, met privately with Hasan several times.

Before his posting at Fort Hood, Shabazz ministered to Muslim inmates at the military detention camp at Guantanamo Bay, Cuba, where he was known as a "sympathizer" among military police. Shabazz scolded MPs for making noise while al-Qaida detainees were praying.

"I would have to go down and chastise those guys," he recalled in a 2008 interview with NPR, "telling them, 'Hey man, those guys are praying. Have the decency not to play the national anthem and agitate them while they're praying.'"

The NPR interview was posted last year on the website of the Council on American-Islamic Relations, which the FBI says is a front group for Hamas terrorists. (Following CAIR's blacklisting by the Justice Department as an unindicted terrorist co-conspirator, the FBI last year cut off formal ties to the group.)

Shabazz, who says it's tough trying to be a good Muslim and a good U.S. soldier, serves as a member of a chaplaincy steering committee for the Islamic Society of North America, or ISNA.

Federal prosecutors recently named ISNA – a sister organization to CAIR – as an unindicted terrorist co-conspirator in the largest terror finance case in U.S. history. ISNA, they say, like CAIR is a front group for the Muslim Brotherhood, parent of Hamas and al-Qaida.

The Brotherhood, which supports violent jihad and Islamic rule, is the subject of the bestselling new book, "Muslim Mafia: Inside the Secret Underworld That's Conspiring to Islamize America."

Federal investigators are looking into Hasan's use of his neighbor's computer, and a visitor he had the day before the Fort Hood attack. Reports say Hasan was "mentoring" on Islam that Muslims shouldn't be in the U.S. military, because Muslims shouldn't kill Muslims.

Hasan counseled on more than a dozen occasions recent Islamic convert Duane Reasoner, an 18-year-old whose parents worked on the base.

"He said he didn't want to go to Iraq or Afghanistan," said Reasoner, who was raised a Catholic. "He didn't want to be deployed. He said Muslims shouldn't be in the U.S. military, because obviously Muslims shouldn't kill Muslims."

Reasoner added: "In the Quran, you're not supposed to have alliances with Jews or Christians or others, and if you are killed in the military fighting against Muslims, you will go to hell."

An Army chaplain interviewed by McClatchy Newspapers on the condition of anonymity confirmed that there are other Muslim soldiers who are conflicted about honoring their duty while fighting other Muslims in Iraq and Afghanistan.

Hasan told colleagues, "I'm a Muslim first and an American second." He clearly put the Islamic nation above the secular nation he took an oath to protect and defend.

He's not alone. At least a dozen other Muslim soldiers have been convicted of terrorism or espionage since 9/11. Here's a sampling:

NAVY SIGNALMAN HASSAN ABUJIHAAD last year was convicted of tipping off al-Qaida to battlegroup movements in the Persian Gulf, including disclosing classified documents detailing the group's vulnerability to terror attack

ARMY RESERVIST JEFFREY LEON BATTLE in 2003 pleaded guilty to conspiring to wage war against the U.S., confessing he enlisted "to receive military training to use against America"

ARMY RESERVIST SEMI OSMAN in 2002 was arrested for providing material support to al-Qaida and pleaded guilty to weapons charges after agreeing to testify against other terror suspects

MARINE ABDUL RAHEEM AL-ARSHAD ALI trained at a suspected al-Qaida camp and was charged with selling a semiautomatic handgun to Osman

ARMY SGT. ALI "THE AMERICAN" MOHAMED trained Green Berets at the elite Swick warfare school at Fort Bragg before stealing classified military secrets for al-Qaida and helping plan the 1998 U.S. embassy bombings in Africa

ARMY SGT. HAMMAD ABDUR-RAHEEM in 2004 was convicted of terror-related charges

ARMY SPC. RYAN G. ANDERSON in 2004 was convicted of leaking military intelligence to al-Qaida terrorists, including sensitive information about the vulnerabilities of armored Humvees

ARMY SNIPER JOHN ALLEN MUHAMMAD was sentenced to death after fatally shooting 10 in the nation's capital a year after the 9/11 attacks

FORMER ARMY LINGUIST AHMED FATHY MEHALBA in 2005 was convicted of stealing secret documents listing, among other things, the names of al-Qaida detainees from Gitmo

SENIOR AIRMAN AHMAD AL-HALABI in 2004 was convicted of mishandling classified documents as an Arabic linguist at Gitmo

ARMY CAPT. JAMES "YOUSEF" YEE in 2003 was formally charged with mishandling classified information – including maps of a new Gitmo facility – as a Muslim chaplain at Gitmo.
    "Muslim Mafia" co-author Paul Sperry says Hasan is just the tip of a jihadist Fifth Column operating inside the U.S. military – which is too blinded by political correctness to see the internal threat.

"If military command is too PC to protect its own troops from Islamic fanatics on its own soil, how can Americans be confident they can protect the rest of the country?" asked Sperry, also author of "Infiltration: How Muslim Spies and Subversives Have Penetrated Washington."

He says that each branch of the military operates a counterspying unit in charge of force protection.

"Why didn't the Army investigate Hasan with all the red flags waving around him?" Sperry said. "And what other radicalized soldiers – and I would include chaplains among them – are they failing to investigate now? What is the military doing to stop the next Maj. Nidal?"

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Beltway snipers and the Fort Hood killer: Peas in a jihad-inspired pod

By Michelle Malkin • November 9, 2009 09:16 AM

John Allen Muhammad is scheduled to be executed tomorrow for the Beltway-area sniper spree that left 10 innocent people dead in 2002.

Several family members of the victims will attend.

At the time of the murderous rampage that stretched over three, horror-filled weeks, I lived in Montgomery County, Maryland, where Muhammad and his young partner in crime, Lee Malvo, wreaked bloody havoc. I covered two main aspects of the story that were underplayed by the MSM–Lee Malvo’s illegal alien catch-and-release story and Nation of Islam convert Muhammad and Malvo’s Muslim hate-mongering. Snide MSM’ers and the CAIR propagandists attacked those of who called these thugs what they are: terrorists.

The parallels with the Fort Hood case — jihad-inspired killers, media whitewash — are striking. They’re the parallels you can’t talk about without being labeled a bigot, racist, or “extremist.”

A reminder of what Muhammad and Malvo plotted:
    Malvo testified that Muhammad, driven by hatred of America because of its “slavery, hypocrisy and foreign policy” and his belief that “the white man is the devil”, planned to kill six whites a day for 30 days.

Malvo alleged that Muhammad had said: “We are going to go to the Washington DC area and we are going to terrorise these people.”

They then intended to move to Baltimore for stage two of their campaign, to shoot a policeman and then blow up explosives at his funeral.

More explosives would target the ambulances that would then rush to the funeral. Another plan to kill three busloads of schoolchildren was thwarted because the pair were arrested when Malvo fell asleep while keeping watch at a Maryland petrol station.

Muhammad’s ultimate plan, Malvo testified, was to indoctrinate 140 young homeless men at a Canada compound who would “shut things down” in cities across America, unless they received £5 million.
    And what kind of indoctrination would Muhammad and Malvo’s army have received to prepare them for their terrorist assaults on American cities? The jailhouse drawings of Malvo are worth a thousands words.

I’ve dug them up again from the Wayback Machine to refresh your memories:

http://michellemalkin.com/

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Calls to investigate Fort Hood shootings as a terrorism attack as gunman wakes from coma

By Carol Driver

Last updated at 7:29 PM on 09th November 2009

Talking: Major Nidal Malik Hasan is awake in hospital after being in a coma since the shooting

The military psychiatrist accused of shooting 13 people dead during a rampage at a U.S. army base is awake and talking, hospital staff said today.

It comes as a key U.S. senator called for an investigation into whether the shootings constitute a terror attack.

And reports also reveal Major Nidal Malik Hasan may have attended the same mosque as two of the September 11 hijackers in 2001 – at a time when a radical imam preached there.

Hasan, 39, was in a coma after being shot several times by a civilian police officer responding to the attack, in which another 39 people were injured, at Fort Hood in Texas last Thursday.

But officials at the Brooke Army Medical Centre in San Antonio confirmed today that he was conscious.

Spokeswoman Maria Gallegos said she was not sure whether Hassan had been quizzed by investigators yet, but added: ‘He is conversing with the medical staff.’

The development comes as a law enforcement official, who spoke anonymously, said the FBI will probably be investigating Hasan’s link to radical Islam.

Hasan’s former classmates have also told how they complained repeatedly to superiors about what they considered to be his anti-American views during a master’s programme at a military college between 2007-08.

Dr Val Finnell said Hasan gave a presentation at the Uniformed Services University that justified suicide bombing and even told classmates that Islamic law trumped the U.S. Constitution.

Captured: A CCTV image shows Hasan on the morning of the incident

Another classmate said he complained to five officers and two civilian faculty members at the university.

He wrote in a command climate survey sent to Pentagon officials that fear in the military of being seen as politically incorrect prevented an ‘intellectually honest discussion of Islamic ideology’ in the ranks.

More...

The classmate also requested anonymity because the investigation is ongoing.

U.S. senator Joe Lieberman, an independent who is chairman of the Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs Committee, wants Congress to determine whether the shootings constitute a terrorist attack.

He called for an investigation into whether the army missed signs that Hasan had an increasingly extremist view of Islamic ideology.

Senator Joe Lieberman has called for a terror inquiry into the incident

‘If Hasan was showing signs, saying to people that he had become an Islamist extremist, the U.S. Army has to have zero tolerance,’ Lieberman said on Fox News Sunday.

‘He should have been gone.’

Authorities continue to refer to Hasan as the only suspect in the shootings, but have not announced when charges would be made or revealed a possible motive.

Sixteen of his victims remain hospitalized with gunshot wounds – seven are in intensive care.

Hasan was shot by mother of one Sergeant Kimberley Munley - a civilian police officer - to end the rampage, but police are also investigating whether he was also shot by her partner.

Hasan is in critical but stable condition at an Army hospital in San Antonio and is now breathing on his own after being taken off a ventilator on Saturday.

His family have described a man incapable of the attack, calling him a devoted doctor and devout Muslim who showed no signs that he might lash out.

In a statement on Saturday, Hasan’s brother, Eyad Hasan, of Sterling, Virginia, said: ‘I've known my brother Nidal to be a peaceful, loving and compassionate person who has shown great interest in the medical field and in helping others.

‘He has never committed an act of violence and was always known to be a good, law-abiding citizen.’

Army Chief of Staff George Casey warned against reaching conclusions about the suspected shooter's motives until investigators have fully explored the attack.

‘I think the speculation (on Hasan's Islamic roots) could potentially heighten backlash against some of our Muslim soldiers,’ he said on ABC television.

Imam Johari Abdul-Malik, outreach director at the Dar al Hijrah Islamic Center, said he did not know whether Hasan ever attended the Falls Church, Virginia, mosque but confirmed that the Hasan family participated in services there.

Vigil: Soldiers pay tribute to the 13 people shot dead at Fort Hood, Texas

Abdul-Malik said the Hasans were not leaders at the mosque and their attendance was utterly normal.

In 2001, Anwar Aulaqi was an imam, or spiritual leader, at the mosque.

Aulaqi told the FBI in 2001 that, before he moved to Virginia in early 2001, he met with 9/11 hijacker Nawaf al-Hazmi several times in San Diego.

Practice: Kim Munley, who shot the gunman at the Fort Hood shooting last Thursday takes aim at a rifle range

Al-Hazmi was at the time living with Khalid al-Mihdhar, another hijacker. Al-Hazmi and another hijacker, Hani Hanjour, attended the Dar al Hijrah mosque in early April 2001.

The mosque is one of the largest on the East Coast, and thousands of worshippers attend prayers and services there every week. Abdul-Malik said it's a mistake for people to conflate regular attendance at a mosque with extremism.

Many Muslims pray at the mosque multiple times a day, he said: ‘It's part of family life. It's like going out for ice cream after dinner.’

Dar al-Hijrah mosque in Great Falls, Virginia, where Hasan worshipped

Across the sprawling post and in neighbouring Killeen, soldiers, their relatives and members of the community struggled to make sense of the shootings.

Candles burned Saturday night outside the apartment complex where Hasan lived.

Small white crosses, one for each of the dead, dotted a lawn at a Killeen church on Sunday.
    Last edited by vector7; November 9th, 2009 at 19:52.

No, you won’t accept

."
    We’ll so weaken your
    until you’ll

Thanks

Fort Hood gunman Nidal Hasan 'is a hero': Imam who preached to 9/11 hijackers in Va. praises attack

BY James Gordon Meek
    DAILY NEWS WASHINGTON BUREAU
    Originally Published:Monday, November 9th 2009, 12:05 PM
    Updated: Monday, November 9th 2009, 12:36 PM

The former iman at the Dar al-Hijrah mosque in Virginia, who once preached to two of the 9/11 hijackers, praised Army Maj. Nidal Hasan...

Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences...who is accused of killing 13 in last week's rampage on Fort Hood.

Related News

FALLS CHURCH, Va. - A Muslim imam who once preached at a suburban Washington mosque and befriended several 9/11 hijackers appeared to gloat about Army Maj. Nidal Hasan's killing spree at Fort Hood on his blog Monday.

Hasan reportedly attended services in 2001 at the massive Dar al-Hijrah mosque in Virginia -- and his mother's funeral service was held there that year at a time when Anwar al-Awlaki was its imam.

A message posted on Awlaki's blog was titled, "Nidal Hassan Did the Right Thing."

"Nidal Hassan is a hero," Awlaki wrote. "He is a man of conscience who could not bear living the contradiction of being a Muslim and serving in an army that is fighting against his own people."

The blog entry surfaced on the same day as an ABC News report that American intelligence agencies knew months ago that the Fort Hood gunman had tried to contact people linked to Al Qaeda.

The Dar al-Hijrah mosque is directly across the street from a residence where a half-dozen Turkmen Muslims known as Uighurs were slated to be relocated from Guantanamo Bay, according to a law enforcement source. Lawmakers scuttled the plan.

Awlaki's blog posting was first reported by NEFA Foundation terror expert Evan Kohlmann.

Awlaki is a American who left the U.S. after the 9/11 attacks and is believed to be in Yemen -- where he is believed to have maintained Al Qaeda and Hamas affiliations.

Federal agents may be trying to connect Hasan to Awlaki.

The 9/11 commission's final report said its investigators unsuccessfully tried to locate Awlaki, who has denied meeting future hijackers Hani Hanjour and Nawaf al-Hazmi at his Falls Church mosque.

But Awlaki had also met with al-Hazmi and hijhacker Khalid al-Midhar when they all lived in San Diego. The FBI suspected the imam tasked an associate in Virginia to help the Al Qaeda operatives.

"We share that suspicion, given the remarkable coincidence of Awlaki's prior relationship with al-Hazmi," the commission said in its 2004 report.

Awlaki did not say in his blog posting whether he had known or communicated with Hasan, who killed 13 people in a shooting spree at Fort Hood on Thursday -- but he referred to him repeatedly by his first name.

"Nidal opened fire on soldiers who were on their way to be deployed to Iraq and Afghanistan. How can there be any dispute about the virtue of what he has done?" Awlaki wrote of the Army officer's "heroic act."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AP - November 08, 2009
    Napolitano Warns Against Anti-Muslim Backlash

Homeland Security secretary reassures Arab world that U.S. authorities were taking measures to quell anti-Islam sentiments after Fort Hood rampage.

Secretary of Homeland Security Janet Napolitano, center, prepares her papers before giving a speech at a conference at the Zayed University in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates, Nov. 8. (AP Photo)

ABU DHABI, United Arab Emirates -- U.S. Homeland Security officials are working with groups around United States to head off any possible anti-Muslim backlash following the shootings at Fort Hood in Texas, the agency's chief said Sunday.

The comments by Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano also appeared part of efforts to reassure the Arab world that U.S. authorities were taking measures to quell anti-Islam sentiments after last week's rampage by an American-born Muslim serving as U.S. Army psychiatrist.

"This was a terrible tragedy for all involved," Napolitano told reporters in the United Arab Emirates' capital Abu Dhabi. "Obviously, we object to -- and do not believe -- that anti-Muslim sentiment should emanate from this."

Napolitano said her agency is working with state and local groups to try to deflect any anti-Muslim anger after the Thursday attacks by Army Maj. Nidal Malik Hasan, a Muslim who reportedly expressed growing dismay over the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan. The shootings left 13 people dead and 29 wounded.

"This was an individual who does not, obviously, represent the Muslim faith," she said after meeting with a group of women university students.

Napolitano also planned talks with Emirates security officials, but gave no further details. Cooperation on security issues have been stepped up in recent years after airlines began direct flights between the UAE and the United States.

Last week, Napolitano was in Europe for meetings with political leaders and security officials.
    Last edited by vector7; November 9th, 2009 at 20:14.

No, you won’t accept

."
    We’ll so weaken your
    until you’ll

Thanks

Let me see... I see lies.

Homeland Security secretary reassures Arab world that U.S. authorities were taking measures to quell anti-Islam sentiments after Fort Hood rampage.

"This was an individual who does not, obviously, represent the Muslim faith," she said after meeting with a group of women university students.
    I also see SEDITIOUS ACTS:

U.S. Homeland Security officials are working with groups around United States to head off any possible anti-Muslim backlash following the shootings at Fort Hood in Texas, the agency's chief said Sunday.
    While I don't believe in violence to settle this issue, violence is what is precipitating the problem. Instead of WORRYING about "Anti-Muslim" backlash try STOPPING idiots who follow the Muslim faith from performing these acts of violence FIRST.

Stop worrying about whether average American citizens are going to take out some kind of violence on innocent people (because they are NOT going to) and start worrying about COWTOWING to these maggots who kill Americans.

The comments by Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano also appeared part of efforts to reassure the Arab world that U.S. authorities were taking measures to quell anti-Islam sentiments after last week's rampage by an American-born Muslim serving as U.S. Army psychiatrist.
    *I* have a *RIGHT* to freedom of speech and I will speak my mind - regardless of whatever idiot happens to be in office at the time.

Musliims DO NOT DESERVE the right to be safe if *I* don't deserve that right.

If I don't deserve the right to speak my mind, NO ONE DESERVES that right, especially NOT a government official WHOM DOES NOT SPEAK FOR ME!
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

Oh, and I need to clarify something. Sedition is a term of law which refers to overt conduct, such as speech and organization, that is deemed by the legal authority as tending toward insurrection against the established order.

Deemed by the "legal authority".

*I* am a legal authority for this country, I am ONE OF THE PEOPLE.

When someone in a high office sits there on their high horse and gives special rights to people whom are no different than myself, that is a seditious act.

Telling people they can't TALK is against the Constitution, the highest law of this land.

Treason is the violation of allegiance to one's sovereign or state, giving aid to enemies, or levying war against one's state. Sedition is encouraging one's fellow citizens to rebel against their state, whereas treason is actually betraying one's country by aiding and abetting another state. Sedition laws somewhat equate to terrorism and public order laws.
    Last edited by American Patriot; November 9th, 2009 at 21:08.
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

I haven't caught up on all the postings, and this may have already been "put out there", but i'm betting the american hiker hostages in Iran will be used as trade bait with Hasan.

Thanks

Hoekstra to FBI, CIA: Save All Fort Hood Papers

Monday, November 9, 2009 12:00 PM

WASHINGTON, D.C. – U.S. Rep. Pete Hoekstra, R-Mich., the top Republican on the House Intelligence Committee, following up on multiple conversations with the Director of National Intelligence Dennis Blair, requested over the weekend that Blair and the heads of the FBI, the NSA and the CIA direct their agencies to preserve all documents and materials relevant to the Fort Hood attack and any related investigations or intelligence collection activities.

"President Obama said people should not jump to conclusions about what happened at Fort Hood, but the administration is in possession of critical information related to the attack that they are refusing to release to Congress or the American people," Hoekstra said. "I intend to push for intense review of this and other issues related to the performance of the intelligence community and whether or not information necessary for military, state and local officials to provide for the security of the post was provided to them."

Hoekstra said he was concerned that more information had been provided, piecemeal, to the news media by anonymous sources than had yet been provided to the Committee. He criticized the Obama administration for not being more immediately forthcoming with details and specifically requested information, and for restricting the limited information provided so far to the so-called "Gang of Eight."

"I have requested this information be preserved because I believe members of the full committee on a bipartisan basis will want to scrutinize the intelligence relevant to this attack, what the agencies in possession of that intelligence did with it, who was and wasn’t informed and why, and what steps America’s intelligence agencies are taking in light of what they know," Hoekstra said. "At some point, it becomes necessary for us as a nation to address the uncomfortable threat of homegrown terrorism and radicalism, and Congress has an obligation to review how federal agencies are handling and disseminating information related to the threat.

"The horrific shootings at Fort Hood are a tragic reminder of the potential deadly consequences of the threat posed by homegrown jihadism and the failure of the government to adequately respond to it."

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Hoekstra to launch investigation into Fort Hood shooting, dubs it 'homegrown jihadism'

By Jordan Fabian - 11/09/09 12:30 PM ET

A key Republican lawmaker on Monday asked that the Obama administration keep documents relevant to the Fort Hood shooting available so Congress can continue its investigation into what he called an incident of "homegrown jihadism."

Rep. Pete Hoekstra (R-Mich), the ranking member of the House Intelligence Committee, sent a preservation order to the heads of the FBI, CIA, NSA and Director of National Intelligence Dennis Blair directing them to keep the documents as part of his committee's review of the attacks that killed 13 and wounded 30.

In a release, Hoekstra accused the administration of dragging its feet in releasing items pertaining to the attacks that could prove the perpetrator, Maj. Nidal Malik Hasan, had ties to terrorists.

"The horrific shootings at Fort Hood are a tragic reminder of the potential deadly consequences of the threat posed by homegrown jihadism and the failure of the government to adequately respond to it," he said.

Hoekstra echoed the call of Senate Homeland Security Committee Chairman Joe Lieberman (I-Conn.), who on Sunday called the rampage "the worst terrorist attack since 9/11." Lieberman said his panel would launch an investigation into the attacks.

ABC News reported Monday that U.S. intelligence officials knew months ago that Hasan, an Army psychiatrist, attempted to contact al Qaeda. It is not known if intelligence officials informed the Army of Hasan's attempt to contact the suspected al Qaeda members.

It was also reported that Hasan shouted, "Allahu akbar!" ("God is great!") before opening fire on his fellow soldiers.

The release said Hoekstra has had numerous conversations with Blair about the attack.

"At some point, it becomes necessary for us as a nation to address the uncomfortable threat of homegrown terrorism and radicalism, and Congress has an obligation to review how federal agencies are handling and disseminating information related to the threat," Hoekstra said in a statement.

The fifth-term lawmaker said he would push for an "intense review" of the intelligence community's knowledge of the incident, if it provided the military, state and local officials with the proper information to defend against an attack at the base as well as "what steps America's intelligence agencies are taking in light of what they know."

No, you won’t accept

."
    We’ll so weaken your
    until you’ll

Thanks

First-Hand Account from Ft. Hood

Monday 11-09-2009 2:57pm MT

Since I don't know when I'll sleep (it's 4 am now) I'll write what happened (the abbreviated version.....the long one is already part of the investigation with more to come).

I'll not write about any part of the investigation that I've learned about since (as a witness I know more than I should since inevitably my JAG brothers and sisters are deeply involved in the investigation).

Don't assume that most of the current media accounts are very accurate.

They're not.

They'll improve with time. Only those of us who were there really know what went down. But as they collate our statements they'll get it right.

I did my SRP last week (Soldier Readiness Processing) but you're supposed to come back a week later to have them look at the smallpox vaccination site (it's this big itchy growth on your shoulder). I am probably alive because I pulled a ---------- and entered the wrong building first (the main SRP building). The Medical SRP building is off to the side.

Realizing my mistake I left the main building and walked down the sidewalk to the medical SRP building. As I'm walking up to it the gunshots start.

Slow and methodical. But continuous. Two ambulatory wounded came out. Then two soldiers dragging a third who was covered in blood. Hearing the shots but not seeing the shooter, along with a couple other soldiers I stood in the street and yelled at everyone who came running that it was clear but to "RUN!". I kept motioning people fast. about 6-10 minutes later (the shooting continuous), two cops ran up. one male, one female. we pointed in the direction of the shots. they headed that way (the medical SRP building was about 50 meters away). then a lot more gunfire. a couple minutes later a balding man in ACU's came around the building carrying a pistol and holding it tactically. He started shooting at us and we all dived back to the cars behind us. I don't think he hit the couple other guys who were there. I did see the bullet holes later in the cars.

First I went behind a tire and then looked under the body of the car. I've been trained how to respond to gunfire...but with my own weapon. To have no weapon I don't know how to explain what that felt like. I hadn't run away and stayed because I had thought about the consequences or anything like that. I wasn't thinking anything through. Please understand, there was no intention. I was just staying there because I didn't think about running. It never occurred to me that he might shoot me.

Until he started shooting in my direction and I realized I was unarmed. Then the female cop comes around the corner. He shoots her. (according to the news accounts she got a round into him. I believe it, I just didn't see it. he didn't go down.) She goes down. He starts reloading. He's fiddling with his mags. Weirdly he hasn't dropped the one that was in his weapon. He's holding the fresh one and the old one (you do that on the range when time is not of the essence but in combat you would just let the old mag go).

I see the male cop around the left corner of the building. (I'm about 15-20 meters from the shooter.) I yell at the cop, "He's reloading, he's reloading. Shoot him! Shoot him!) You have to understand, everything was quiet at this point. The cop appears to hear me and comes around the corner and shoots the shooter. He goes down. The cop kicks his weapon further away. I sprint up to the downed female cop. Another captain (I think he was with me behind the cars) comes up as well. She's bleeding profusely out of her thigh. We take our belts off and tourniquet her just like we've been trained (I hope we did it right...we didn't have any CLS (combat lifesaver) bags with their awesome tourniquets on us, so we worked with what we had).

Meanwhile, in the most bizarre moment of the day, a photographer was standing over us taking pictures. I suppose I'll be seeing those tomorrow.

Then a soldier came up and identified himself as a medic. I then realized her weapon was lying there unsecured (and on "fire"). I stood over it and when I saw a cop yelled for him to come over and secure her weapon (I would have done so but I was worried someone would mistake me for a bad guy). I then went over to the shooter. He was unconscious. A Lt Colonel was there and had secured his primary weapon for the time being. He also had a revolver. I couldn't believe he was one of ours. I didn't want to believe it. Then I saw his name and rank and realized this wasn't just some specialist with mental issues. At this point there was a guy there from CID and I asked him if he knew he was the shooter and had him secured. He said he did.

I then went over the slaughter house. the medical SRP building. No human should ever have to see what that looked like. and I won't tell you. Just believe me. Please. there was nothing to be done there. Someone then said there was someone critically wounded around the corner. I ran around (while seeing this floor to ceiling window that someone had jumped through movie style) and saw a large African-American soldier lying on his back with two or three soldiers attending. I ran up and identified two entrance wounds on the right side of his stomach, one exit wound on the left side and one head wound. He was not bleeding externally from the stomach wounds (though almost certainly internally) but was bleeding from the head wound. A soldier was using a shirt to try and stop the head bleeding. He was conscious so I began talking to him to keep him so. He was 42, from North Carolina, he was named something Jr., his son was named something III and he had a daughter as well. His children lived with him. He was divorced. I told him the blubber on his stomach saved his life. He smiled. a young soldier in civvies showed up and identified himself as a combat medic. We debated whether to put him on the back of a pickup truck. A doctor (well, an audiologist) showed up and said you can't move him, he has a head wound. we finally sat tight.

I went back to the slaughterhouse. they weren't letting anyone in there. not even medics. finally, after about 45 minutes had elapsed some cops showed up in tactical vests. someone said the TBI building was unsecured. They headed into there.

All of a sudden a couple more shots were fired. People shouted there was a second shooter. a half hour later the SWAT showed up. there was no second shooter. that had been an impetuous cop apparently. but that confused things for a while. meanwhile I went back to the shooter. the female cop had been taken away. a medic was pumping plasma into the shooter. I'm not proud of this but I went up to her and said "this is the shooter, is there anyone else who needs attention...do them first". she indicated everyone else living was attended to. I still hadn't seen any EMTs or ambulances.

I had so much blood on me that people kept asking me if I was ok. but that was all other people's blood. eventually (an hour and a half to two hours after the shootings) they started landing choppers. they took out the big African American guy and the shooter. I guess the ambulatory wounded were all at the SRP building. Everyone else in my area was dead.

I suppose the emergency responders were told there were multiple shooters. I heard that was the delay with the choppers (they were all civilian helicopters). they needed a secure LZ. but other than the initial cops who did everything right, I didnt' see a lot of them for a while. I did see many a soldier rush out to help their fellows/sisters. there was one female soldier, I dont' know her name or rank but I would recognize her anywhere who was everywhere helping people. a couple people, mainly civilians, were hysterical, but only a couple. one civilian freaked out when I tried to comfort her when she saw my uniform. I guess she had seen the shooter up close. a lot of soldiers were rushing out to help even when we thought there was another gunman out there. this Army is not broken no matter what the pundits say. not the Army I saw.

And then they kept me for a long time to come. oh, and perhaps the most surreal thing, at 1500 (the end of the workday on Thursdays) when the bugle sounded we all came to attention and saluted the flag. in the middle of it all.

This is what I saw. it can't have been real. but this is my small corner of what happened.

No, you won’t accept

."
    We’ll so weaken your
    until you’ll

Thanks

I am very proud of these people... they were all unarmed and did what they could... what they had to do.

Burning in hell is too good for this Muslim maggot.

Oh, I'm sorry, was that HATE speech?
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

Fort Hood shooting suspect to face military court
    U.S. President Obama to attend memorial for 13 killed during attack at army base

The U.S. flag flies at half mast in front of the Army's III Corps headquarters at Fort Hood, Texas. A memorial service for the 13 people killed on Nov. 5 will be held on Tuesday, Nov. 10, 2009. (LM Otero/Associated Press)

The lawyer for a man accused in the mass shooting at a Texas military base last Thursday that left 13 dead said the attention given to the incident will make it difficult for his client to get a fair trial in a military court.

Retired Col. John P. Galligan met with Maj. Nidal Malik Hasan at the Brooke Army Medical Center in San Antonio on Monday and said he's assured Hasan that all of his rights as a defendant in the military justice system will be respected.

Hasan, a psychiatrist at the Fort Hood army base, is the only suspect in the shooting rampage on Nov. 5, in which an individual opened fire in a room crowded with hundreds of soldiers, killing 13 and injuring 29.

U.S. President Barack Obama and his wife, Michelle, are expected to arrive on Tuesday to attend a memorial service. Obama plans to meet with the families of the 12 soldiers and one civilian killed.

Lt. General Robert Cone said at least 3,000 people are expected at the event, which begins at 2 p.m. ET on Tuesday.

Galligan said Tuesday he thought it would be difficult for Hasan to get a fair trial at Fort Hood, "given the national media attention that has been focused" on the case.

Charges expected in military court

Hasan was shot four times — including at least once in the torso — by two civilian officers, and remains in hospital.

Galligan, who was hired by Hasan's family, and Maj. Christopher E. Martin, Fort Hood's senior defence attorney, both met with Hasan after he refused questioning from investigators and requested a lawyer on Monday.

Hasan has yet to be formally charged, but officials said he would be tried in a military court, not a civilian one.

The most serious charge in military court is premeditated murder, which carries the death penalty. The U.S. military justice system has not executed anyone since 1961, though five servicemen are currently on death row.

Connection to radical imam

Investigators, meanwhile, are reviewing communications between Hasan and a radical imam overseas.

U.S. officials said Monday Hasan communicated 10 to 20 times with Anwar al-Awlaki, a former imam at the Falls Church, Va., mosque where Hasan and his family occasionally worshipped.

Major Malik Nidal Hasan, the U.S. Army doctor identified by U.S. broadcast media as a suspect in the shooting at the U.S. Army post in Fort Hood, Texas, is seen in this undated handout photo from the website of the U.S. Government Uniformed Services. (Associated Press)

Al-Awlaki, who was released from a Yemeni jail last year, runs a website that denounces U.S. policies and praised Hasan's alleged actions as heroic. (Rick's Note: Al-Awlaki was the imam who ran the Mosque in Virginia where Hasan, as well as some of the 9-11 murderers went)

The FBI has monitored communications with al-Awlaki because of his alleged links to three of the Sept. 11 hijackers, who worshipped at two of his mosques. (The FBI is "reviewing" it's "process" of evaluation at this time. That means they will take anything us White Boys say as dangerous now.... mark my words)

The FBI monitored emails exchanged between Hasan and al-Awlaki, but investigators said they had no evidence Hasan had help or outside orders in the shootings. (No evidence?)

A law enforcement official told the Associated Press the communications primarily consisted of Hasan posing questions to the imam as a spiritual leader and adviser, and the imam responded to at least some of the queries.

Investigators said the content of Hasan's emails was "consistent with the subject matter of his research" as someone who worked with post-traumatic stress disorder cases as a result of combat in Iraq and Afghanistan.
    Last edited by American Patriot; November 10th, 2009 at 15:36.
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

Default Re: Fort Hood Attack - Terrorism in America

Moved all the Fort Hood stuff to one thread to track it.
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

What's behind America's politically correct 'love' of Islam?

Posted: November 09, 2009
    9:25 pm Eastern

The second they heard about the Fort Hood massacre, millions of thinking Americans wondered in their gut: "Oh God, is this another crazy Muslim terrorist carrying out a one-man jihad, as has happened so many times before?"

Then, when the alleged perpetrator's name and religion were made public (Nidal Malik Hasan, a lifelong Muslim) along with eyewitness reports he had shouted the obligatory pre-terror-attack proclamation, "Allahu akhbar" ("Allah is greatest") before commencing his orgy of slaughter, their suspicions were confirmed: This was surely a major attack on the American homeland by a Muslim terrorist.

Further evidence quickly rolled in: Hasan had reportedly refused to fight fellow Muslims, called the war on terror a "war on Islam," told a co-worker Muslims had a right to rise up and attack Americans, and reportedly had posted online his astoundingly twisted belief that an Islamic suicide bomber was morally equivalent to a soldier throwing himself on a grenade to save the lives of his comrades.

In other words, although the Army had many warnings Hasan was a certifiable, America-hating, jihadist "ticking time bomb" waiting to go off, it did nothing to avert last week's terror attack.

Why?

And why, after the truth about Hasan became undeniable following his mass slaughter, does the government, as well as its mouthpiece the establishment press, agonize in their usual pathetic manner over what could possibly have motivated the Army psychiatrist to coldly, methodically murder 13 and wound 38 others?

Why, after a Muslim commits a terrorist act, do authorities always

Why do the news media always torture themselves and their readers with the most wildly improbable explanations in their attempts to avoid the obvious truth?

Before we answer these questions, lest you think I overstate the case, take a quick trip with me down jihad memory lane.
    announce almost instantaneously – before they could possibly know – that the attack was not terror-related?
    • Remember the beltway snipers? In October 2002, Muslim convert John Muhammad along with 17-year-old Lee Boyd "John" Malvo paralyzed the Washington metropolitan area for three bloody weeks, killing 10 and critically injuring three others. But after their capture, most in the media were loathe to focus seriously on Islamic jihad as a motive, despite the fact that Muhammad had praised the Sept. 11 hijackers and had threatened to commit major terrorist acts within the U.S. Like alcoholics uncomfortable with facing the painful truth, the media retreated into comfortable denial. Their standard analysis of what made Muhammad tick included anything and everything except jihad. Thus, the Los Angeles Times offered up no less than six possible motives for Muhammad's killing spree, according to Daniel Pipes, an expert on militant Islam. They included "his 'stormy relationship' with his family, his 'stark realization' of loss and regret, his perceived sense of abuse as an American Muslim post-9/11, his desire to 'exert control' over others, his relationship with Malvo, and his trying to make a quick buck," said Pipes – "but did not mention jihad."

• "Likewise," he adds, "a Boston Globe article found 'there must have been something in his social interaction – in his marriage or his military career – that pulled the trigger.'"

• This see-no-jihad, hear-no-jihad, speak-no-jihad mindset has become standard operating procedure for the establishment press.
    • On July 4, 2002, a cab driver named Hesham Hadayet walked into the Los Angeles International Airport and shot two people to death before being shot and killed by a security guard. Despite the fact that Hadayet was Egyptian and that he had chosen the Israeli El Al ticket counter as the site for venting his rage, any suggestion that Hadayet was carrying out his own personal jihad was immediately dismissed. "Investigators … believe that Hadayet was simply an overstressed man who snapped," reported the Los Angeles Times. "He was known as a quiet, observant Muslim," added the Times, which explained away the killer's virulent anti-Semitism by saying, "While Hadayet occasionally mentioned a hatred for Israel, [one former employee] saw it more as a cultural perspective on Mideast politics than an emotion that would fuel violence."
    • One of the worst air disasters in modern history, Egypt Air Flight 990 crashed into the Atlantic shortly after takeoff from New York in October 1999, killing 217.
    • Two-and-a-half years later, the National Transportation Safety Board finally reached the same conclusion that virtually everyone else had immediately after the crash – that the plane's Egyptian copilot, Gameel El-Batouty, had cut power to the engines and intentionally sent the plane plummeting into the ocean, killing all aboard.
      But the government panel declined to suggest a motive, except to speculate that El-Batouty might have "committed suicide."

• Suicide? Pardon my French, but I think "mass murder" or "terrorism" would much better describe the wanton annihilation of hundreds of innocent people. Yet, despite the fact the copilot had calmly repeated over and over the Arabic phrase "Tawkalt" ("I rely on Allah") for almost a minute and a half during his deed – and that such behavior, according to the report, "is not consistent with the reaction that would be expected from a pilot who is encountering an unexpected or uncommanded flight condition" – federal investigators steered clear of suggesting jihad as a motive.
    • The U.S. government, not wanting to offend Muslim sensitivities, rarely mentions "Muslim" or "Islamic" when describing Islamic terrorism. For example, when a massive jihad plot to blow up 10 airliners over the Atlantic and kill thousands was foiled in 2006, then-Homeland Security chief Michael Chertoff briefed his agency using only the word "extremists" to describe the plotters – no mention of Islam. All of the two dozen would-be terrorists were Muslims.
    • This syndrome has just gotten worse since the ascension to the presidency of Barack Obama, who takes every opportunity to criticize America and fawn over Islam – even calling America "one of the largest Muslim countries in the world" and bowing obsequiously before the Muslim king of Saudi Arabia.

So, why do we have this stubborn inability to come to grips with Islam?
    Everyone attributes it to "political correctness," but I think it's time to move beyond that shallow, passé, near-meaningless phrase.
    Do we dare admit what is really at play here? The truth is actually very simple.

We are afraid of Islam.

We are intimidated by Islam.

And because we are afraid of and intimidated by Islam, Islam is changing

First, as is appallingly obvious, we're afraid to criticize Islam openly, for fear of having our head cut off or having a fatwa put out on us like the director of the new "2012" film, or we're afraid of being sued by some of the very litigious Islamic organizations like CAIR, or we're afraid of being called a racist, extremist, hater or "Islamophobe," or we're afraid of offending those in power and thereby risking our position, stature or other advantage. This reaction, while perhaps selfish and cowardly, is more-or-less conscious and strategic.

However, for some it goes much deeper: Being intimidated by Islam (or by anything, for that matter) actually causes some of us to mysteriously grow sympathetic toward it, to defend it, to side with it, even to convert to it. This unconscious shift in attitude, in response to fear of being hurt, is called the Stockholm syndrome, named after the 1973 Swedish bank robbery during which the four terrorized hostages sided with their criminal captors while disparaging the police risking their lives trying to save them.

We need to understand that a certain percentage of us, when we're intimidated and upset, start to emotionally gravitate toward and agree with whatever is intimidating us. Not just superficially, as a temporary tactic of placating a bully so he won't hurt us, but more profoundly, deep down in the inner sanctum of our being where our thoughts and feelings germinate and our loyalties bloom.

Intimidation – that is, causing others to react with upset and fear – is a fundamental principle of mind control, fully capable of causing the victim's loyalties to shift toward the intimidator, whether a schoolyard bully, gang leader, child molester, hostage-taking bank robber or Islamic radical.

"Political correctness" – which is basically a low-grade Stockholm syndrome playing out on a broad societal stage – is actually a subtle form of brainwashing. Even establishment mouthpiece Newsweek, in its famous Dec. 24, 1990, cover story on the then-new phenomenon of political correctness on college campuses (titled "Thought Police") conceded this truth when it reported: "PC is, strictly speaking, a totalitarian philosophy."

Bottom line: We're intimidated, bullied, threatened, terrorized – and so we capitulate, not just in word and deed, but in thought.

Get it?

Most of the time, of course, this occurs below the radar of our own consciousness. We don't understand what's really happening. So we interpret our growing sympathy and affinity for whatever intimidated us as evidence of our loving, open-minded, enlightened nature. In reality, it's the result of craven weakness on our part.

The problem with Islam
    Now imagine there's a religion, which we'll call "Religion X." Many adherents to "Religion X" live peaceful lives in pursuit of life, liberty and happiness. Whatever their religious doctrine is, they don't bother anybody.

But other adherents to Religion X believe – indeed, are taught by prominent clerics, including within the U.S. – that they must rule the world, and that the lord of their religion condones, even encourages, their killing those who refuse to convert to Religion X, or who leave Religion X.

So, one contingent of this religion we are inclined to allow freely to exist within our borders – indeed our laws and culture demand it. But virtually all Americans would rightly categorize the other contingent of the same religion as a murderous, mind-control cult that should be driven from our shores.
    The problem with Religion X, then, is that it's really hard to distinguish one type of adherent from the other.

That's the problem we're having with Islam.

Every time a jihadist like Hasan goes on a terrorist killing spree, invariably all who knew him say they were totally stunned, as he was always so "calm, cool and soft-spoken." And yet there were warning signs, such that were we not blinded by our fears and cowardice, we would not merely have seen them, we would have acted on them – and prevented last week's terrorist attack.

According to the London Telegraph, in an article headlined, "Fort Hood gunman had told U.S. military colleagues that infidels should have their throats cut":
    us – in two distinct and profound ways.
    Major Nidal Malik Hasan, the gunman who killed 13 at America's Fort Hood military base, once gave a lecture to other doctors in which he said non-believers should be beheaded and have boiling oil poured down their throats.

He also told colleagues at America's top military hospital that non-Muslims were infidels condemned to hell who should be set on fire.
    Hasan made these incendiary jihadist comments "in front of dozens of other doctors at Walter Reed Army Medical Centre in Washington D.C." during a talk on the Quran, according to the report.

And how did his fellow doctors respond?

Although they were horrified, "One Army doctor who knew him said a fear of appearing discriminatory against a Muslim soldier had stopped fellow officers from filing formal complaints," reported the Telegraph.

Are you with me? "A fear of appearing discriminatory" caused 51 brave American soldiers to be shot by an Islamist monster, 13 fatally.

This inordinate fear, implanted in us by the lords of politically correct attitude, the subtle brainwashers of modern, secular society, is to blame.

It gets worse, much worse. As ABC now reports, "U.S. intelligence agencies were aware months ago that Army Major Nidal Malik Hasan was attempting to make contact with people associated with al-Qaida."

The evil of "political correctness" – the totalitarian manipulation of thought, foisted on us by twisted elitist sociopaths who hate America and everything our soldiers have fought and died for over the last two centuries, and continue to fight and die for – has to end. Now. It's over. This nation must rise up and defy the insane thought control that is destroying our country right before our eyes.

In America, a land of precious and unique freedoms, there exists a natural and healthy tension between our cherished First Amendment religious freedom for all Americans – including Muslims – and our paramount need to protect our country from infiltration, subversion and terror attacks by "true-believing" Islamic jihadists. This tension must be resolved by our striking exactly the right balance, but that balance can be achieved only when we first rise above fear and cowardice, and defy the treacherous PC mind-control culture that is poisoning our minds and crippling our national security.

One last point: If you really want to do something besides complain about the spread of Islamic radicalism in the United States – a level of infiltration already far more advanced than you can imagine – then make a donation to WND's legal defense fund. We are defending, at great expense, two people who most definitely are not intimidated by Islamic radicalism: "Muslim Mafia" co-author and former federal agent Paul David Gaubatz and his son Chris Gaubatz, who daringly penetrated the belly of the Islamist beast in the U.S. for six months, retrieved 12,000 pages of smoking-gun documentary evidence, reported their findings in the blockbuster book (already the basis for new congressional investigations) – and are now being sued by a terror-front group that wants the evidence of its plots and misdeeds returned! We have hired the best First Amendment lawyer in the country, and we can and must win this all-important fight, but it's expensive – so please help. OK?
    Join WND in defending "Muslim Mafia" investigators.

David Kupelian is vice president and managing editor of WorldNetDaily.com and Whistleblower magazine, and author of the best-selling book, "The Marketing of Evil: How Radicals, Elitists, and Pseudo-Experts Sell Us Corruption Disguised as Freedom." He is a dynamic speaker and has been featured on Fox News, MSNBC, CBN and many other media outlets.

No, you won’t accept

."
    We’ll so weaken your
    until you’ll

Thanks

FBI reassessing past look at Fort Hood suspect

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_fort_hood_shooting

By DEVLIN BARRETT, Associated Press Writer Devlin Barrett, Associated Press Writer – Tue Nov 10, 7:53 am ET

WASHINGTON – Nearly a year before Maj. Nidal Hasan allegedly went on a shooting rampage at Fort Hood, terrorism investigators conducted an "assessment" of him before deciding he did not pose a threat.

After the shooting, the FBI is doing a new assessment — of its own conduct.

The Army psychiatrist is believed to have acted alone despite repeated communications — intercepted by authorities — with a radical imam overseas, U.S. officials said Monday. The FBI will conduct an internal review to see whether it mishandled early information about the man accused in the bloody rampage that killed 13 people and wounded 29.

President Barack Obama was joining grieving families and comrades of the victims Tuesday at a memorial service at the sprawling Texas Army base. Hasan, awake and talking to doctors, met his lawyer Monday in the San Antonio hospital where he is recovering, under guard, from gunshot wounds in the assault.

In Washington, an investigative official and a Republican lawmaker said Hasan had communicated 10 to 20 times with Anwar al-Awlaki, an imam released from a Yemeni jail last year who has used his personal Web site to encourage Muslims across the world to kill U.S. troops in Iraq. Despite that, no formal investigation was opened into Hasan, they said.

Investigative officials spoke on condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to discuss the case. Republican Rep. Pete Hoekstra of Michigan, the top Republican on the House Intelligence Committee, said it was his understanding Hasan and the imam exchanged e-mails that counterterrorism officials picked up.

Officials said Hasan will be tried in a military court, not a civilian one, a choice that suggests his alleged actions are not thought to have emanated from a terrorist organization. (Rick Note: This is UTTER BULLSHIT. His charges are based on the fact he was in the US military, falling under the jurisdiction of the UCMJ. He is STILL and CAN still BE brought up on Federal and STATE of Texas charges for murder, attempted murder and a dozen other charges)

Meanwhile, The Washington Post reported Tuesday that Hasan warned his medical colleagues a year and a half ago that to "decrease adverse events" the U.S. military should allow Muslim soldiers to be released as conscientious objectors instead of fighting in wars against other Muslims. Hasan, an Army psychiatrist, made the recommendation in a culminating presentation to senior Army doctors at Walter Reed Medical Center, where he spent six years as an intern, resident and fellow before being transferred to Fort Hood.

"It's getting harder and harder for Muslims in the service to morally justify being in a military that seems constantly engaged against fellow Muslims," Hasan said in the presentation, a copy of which was obtained by the Post.

FBI Director Robert Mueller ordered the inquiry into the bureau's handling of the case, including its response to potentially worrisome information gathered about Hasan beginning in December 2008 and continuing into early this year.

Based on all the investigations since the attack, the investigators said they have no evidence that Hasan had help or outside orders in the shootings.

Even so, they revealed the major had once been under scrutiny from a joint terrorism task force because of the series of communications going back months. Al-Awlaki is a former imam at a Falls Church, Va., mosque where Hasan and his family occasionally worshipped.

In 2001, al-Awlaki, a native-born U.S. citizen, had contact with two of the Sept. 11 hijackers, and on Monday his Web site praised Hasan as a hero.

Military officials were made aware of communications between Hasan and al-Awlaki, but because the messages did not advocate or threaten violence, civilian law enforcement authorities could not take the matter further, the officials said. The terrorism task force concluded Hasan was not involved in terrorist planning.

Officials said the content of those messages was "consistent with the subject matter of his research," part of which involved post-traumatic stress disorder stemming from U.S. combat operations in Iraq and Afghanistan.

A law enforcement official said the communications consisted primarily of Hasan posing questions to the imam as a spiritual leader or adviser, and the imam did respond to at least some of those messages.

No formal investigation was ever opened based on the contacts, the officials said.

They said the decision to bring military charges instead of civilian criminal charges against Hasan did not mean it wasn't a terrorism case. But it is likely authorities would have had more reason to take the case to federal court if they had found evidence Hasan acted with the support or training of a terrorist group.

Investigators tried to interview Hasan on Sunday at the military hospital where he is being held, but he refused to answer and requested a lawyer, the officials said.

Hasan's new civilian and military attorneys met him for about half an hour at Brooke Army Medical Center in San Antonio, said retired Col. John P. Galligan, who was hired by Hasan's family. Galligan said Hasan asked for an attorney even though he is on sedatives and his condition is guarded.

"Given his medical condition, that's the smart move," Galligan told The Associated Press on Monday night. "Nobody from law enforcement will be questioning him."

Galligan said both he and Maj. Christopher E. Martin, Fort Hood's senior defense attorney, met Hasan. Galligan questioned whether Hasan can get a fair trial at Fort Hood, given Obama's visit to the base and public comments by the post commander, Lt. Gen. Robert Cone. Galligan also said he plans to raise the issue of Hasan's mental condition.

The most serious charge in military court is premeditated murder, which carries the death penalty.(Rick's notes: GOOD. Fry his ass on Public Television.)

The Army has not yet appointed a lead prosecutor in the case, said Fort Hood spokesman Tyler Broadway.

___

Associated Press writers Angela K. Brown at Fort Hood and Pamela Hess in Washington contributed to this report
    Last edited by American Patriot; November 10th, 2009 at 16:55.
    Libertatem Prius!

Thread Information