Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Chat Room Now Open!

Thanks

Default Re: Chat Room Now Open!

Feedback is:
    When I click on Flashchat I get right in. No password needed. When I leave and try to re-enter, a password is needed. It doen't recognize my prior password. But when I hit flashchat again, I don't need any password once again.
    If I understand it correctly, the bot needs to be put in right away along w/ chatroom set up, not added or it is problematic to giter done.

Thanks

You're right, Rick, I don't NEED a robot. I was just trying to suggest adding a certain entertaining aspect to Ryan's awesome site.

Creepy Ass Cracka & Site Owner Ryan Ruck's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Aplomb
    Feedback is:
    When I click on Flashchat I get right in. No password needed. When I leave and try to re-enter, a password is needed. It doen't recognize my prior password. But when I hit flashchat again, I don't need any password once again.
    That is strange… Have you tried completely clearing out your cache, temporary internet files, etc. and then trying to use your login when it asks for it? I'd be interested in seeing if that helps.

If I understand it correctly, the bot needs to be put in right away along w/ chatroom set up, not added or it is problematic to giter done.
    With FlashChat, this is correct. It is installed at the same time the chat software is installed. However, because of a MySQL problem with our hosting service, it prevents proper installation of the bot. In fact, this same MySQL problem causes issues when trying to use the admin panel of the chat room. Thus, our mods are relegated to using either command line functions or whatever is available in the chat room tools.

I have no idea if it possible to install a bot post installation but, I'm betting it is a fair bit of work to find one that is compatible and then do an installation.

You're right, Rick, I don't NEED a robot. I was just trying to suggest adding a certain entertaining aspect to Ryan's awesome site.
    Did you catch the smilie at the end of Rick's post? I think you are reading too far into what he said.

Rick was just using a turn of the phrase "we don't need no stinkin' badges" which was made popular in the Mel Brooks movie Blazing Saddles. Since that movie, people have used numerous variations of that phrase to make humorous statements. Rick was just making light with this, not trying to insult you.

Thanks

That is good information Ryan. The subject being smiles. Do you like smiles? No, I don't think I like that very much. I have no mouth. Do you like Star Wars? What part in that movie showed the best interactions with robots? Ryan said I. Good comparison. Next question? Comparison comparison comparison...

Thanks

LOL! After reading a chat log that Ace posted over on Anom, I can see what you mean!

Seeing how that bot is performing kinda makes me glad I couldn't install it here!

Thanks

Ladies and Gentlemen;

Starting today, the Chat Room is Open for nightly chats.

Starting at around 5PM EST and running until whatever time is good for everyone, every night. We will be making an effort to log into the chat room on a nightly basis for the next few weeks to try to get some live conversation going.

The staff would like to invite EVERYONE to come and visit between the hours of 5PM EST - 11PM EST. Those times for all the rest of the country are:

CENTRAL - 4PM -10 PM

Mountain 3 PM - 9 PM

Pacific 2 PM through 8 PM

Now, this is not to LIMIT the hours to this set of times, but rather to try to get a CORE of folks during the evening hours. I know that the CA folks can't necessarily be there at 2PM, but that's the hours it starts on the east coast.

Thus, please all of you try to stop in from time to time, pick a day or two during the week and drop in and say Hi. The staff will try to have someone there on a daily basis when we can work our own schedules out. Since there are a few of us to go around we might be able to work a schedule so your favorite Admin/Moderator is on-site and visible, and there to help you at a certain time.
    Libertatem Prius!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks

See you all in chat, will make it around 4:00 Pacfic time

Thanks

I've been completely unable to access the site from home for the past week and a half. I've sent email to Olav and Phil.

So... Ryan, please check on it from your end as well.

I can't even do a traceroute, or a ping from the house, but I can get to Anomalies no problem. I can't figure out why this is happening from my end.

Rick
    Libertatem Prius!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks

Rick,
    Don had similar issues a little while back. It turned out that he was running Norton Internet Security and had not given TAA.com JavaScript permission in the program. This was in turn completely blocking out the site for him while making it appear to be a connectivity issue.

Do you have Norton or some other similar security program that needs to have the permissions changed?

Also, have you tried accessing the site via a proxy such as through AltaVista's Babblefish translator? To do this, just go to Babblefish and under "Translate a Web Page" select "xxxxxxxx to English" (where xxxxxxxx = any language) and, punch in TAA's URL. Just make sure you are translating it TO English, otherwise you'll get stuck with it in some other language. If this works, I would check the security settings on your computer. If this doesn't work, it would be helpful if there were another computer at home you could try to access the site. And, if nothing at home works, I would try calling your technical support contact for your internet provider.

As I said, Don had a problem which sounds very similar to what you are describing. He too couldn't even hit up the site with pings either.

ETA: Just saw that you mentioned elsewhere that you had tried three seperate computers at home. Do you have the same security program on all three with the same settings?

Thanks

Been through the security settings several times. I don't have anything blocked, except a couple of doodoos out of Australia, and some spammers. But, I've doubled checked all of the IPs and nothing close to ours.

So... at this point, I dont know. I have tried three different computers, and tonight I'll shut off the firewalls etc, just to see, but I seriously doubt I've done anything to block the site.
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

Heh, heh... Dodos in Australia...

Definitely try to get in through Babblefish. That could tell us a lot.

Thanks

I'll try. Was looking for a proxy last night, but was busy doing a handfull of things so never finished the test. Will try bablefish tonight when I get a couple minutes.
    Libertatem Prius!

Thread Information