I had to bail out last night. I'm at work now. I've just finished reading through the thread.

North Korea, in my humble opinion was attempting to control the US and SK by screaming how they would use nukes, or respond in some undetermined way. They figured out they couldn't control us - which is what WE wanted them to see.

The South Koreans are too ready for the North to pull some stupid stunt again. I think this will probably blow over today - or in a couple of days.

What actually kind of upsets me about the whole thing is the coverages news media is NOT doing.

I heard NOTHING about ANY of this on the news this morning. Fox news channel MENTIONED "Is Korea on the brink of war?" and they still have not yet covered that teaser 20 minutes later.

The American public is pretty much, completely, totally in the dark about what is going on over there.

People who I KNOW who have followed this stuff in the past told me last night "What are you talking about?"

They were completely clueless until I filled them in, then I was called "Alarmist". Hahaha

Perhaps we have something going here folks, we have more coverage on this thread than all the news channels in the world have. CNN, Fox, MSNBC... almost nothing on them at all.

Why are they trying to keep this out of the news?

Any one have a guess?

BrVoice - thanks for all your input. You've been a big help - I haven't been able to find some things myself which is unusual... apparently those in different countries see things we don't see in the US and vice versa.

I'm thinking this might blow over today with Toad's post pointing the way....

North Korea called Monday's drills a "reckless military provocation" but said after they ended that it was holding its fire because Seoul had changed its firing zones.
The DPRK was BLUFFING all this time.... imagine that.