Quote Originally Posted by Rick Donaldson View Post
Let's see about unmuddying the waters a bit.

Statement above can't be true. Here's why. EVERY DOCUMENT in a "doc8ument set" has a classification printed/stamped on them.

Thus, if this were a "part of a set" of something, then the memo would be stamped "SECRET" across the top and bottom.

I've gone back a couple times and looked this over. The letter is likely a REAL, and unclassified document that was written up by the FBI. It has been basically done because Mr. X reported this to the FBI. He did so for his own reasons - and most LIKELY the information was not real to begin with.

Afraid my eyes aren't as good as they used to be, especially not when reading stuff like this.

The last page though concludes that the flying saucers are from Mars.

I guess I have to ask, "Your point"? That was not the FBI saying this.

No - as I stated before. Posted to the FBI "vault" doesn't make it legitimate. It might make it a "real document" they "found" or "created" - but that doesn't mean it is true.

This one posted originally by Mal I believe to be a real document, not faked. The STORY is faked, they took a report and dutifully wrote it all down. That's all, nothing more.

right, maybe i was saying this confusingly. The fact that it is on the FBI site means:
1. It is a real government document (legitimate)
2. Since it is online for everyone to see, it must not be classified or higher. ( unclassified)
3. The contents of the document may or may not be true.

I was talking about the document itself, not the contents.