Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Was Columbus a Jew?

Thanks

Default Re: Was Columbus a Jew?

What this all comes down to Peterle is truth and fiction.

The article above says a few things that just irk me...

One of them:

On those documents, Columbus used a triangular signature of dots and letters that resembled inscriptions found on gravestones of Jewish cemeteries in Spain.
    Is being used as EVIDENCE for this supposition by a Hispanic-American, someone who believes in Obama and the Left, and the LEFT hates the Jew, therefore by linking someone by this tiny, insignificant thing, you create "doubt in the minds of the public Jury" (something that happens in a court of law, but not always public opinion) you can somehow TIE the Jews to Columbus.

For someone like this Garcia guy to do this is the most OBVIOUS attempt to connect two unconnected dots I've ever seen.
    Libertatem Prius!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Peterle Matteo View Post

See Cumana' ?

2nd voyage, I've in the place where Columbus was.

That was the first town in the New World.
    Actually, no it wasn't. There were Inca and Mayan cities LONG before Columbus arrive Peterle.... sorry.
    Libertatem Prius!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks

And I think technically, Santo Domigo, San Salvador was the first City.... After Columbus arrived.

The first settlement after Leif Erickson arrived was "Vinland" now known as Newfoundland.

St. Augustine was the first settlement on the North American Continent after Columbus (and Spain) tried to take over everything in sight.

Here's a bit for you to read: http://www.rocoki.com/santo_domingo.asp
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

Oh, yeah, Lake Titicaca was settled LONG before Columbus arrived by the way, on the western side of the South American continent as well, by aboriginal people, the Quechuas.

Alaska (North America) was settle by aboriginal people as well, the Inuit - and they had "towns" as well.

So, regardless of "claims" of various people throughout history - which is both a moot point and pretty much irrelevant now, since *I* live here and *I* am an American BORN and RAISED here - no one can claim to be "First" because by God they didn't "document" it.

Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

Yes,yes.

The first European made town.

They told me.
    I'm sure they did. I'll bet a lot of places would tell you the same thing!
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

Hmmm

First in South America's soil.
    Again, no it wasn't actually, Peterle.....

http://www.smithsonianmag.com/histor...firstcity.html
    http://realhistoryww.com/world_histo...th_America.htm
    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/15350058...s-oldest-city/

Research developed by Peruvian archaeologist Ruth Shady SolĂ*s of San Marcos University suggests that Caral, as the 150-acre complex of pyramids, plazas and residential buildings is known, was a thriving metropolis as Egypt’s great pyramids were being built. The energetic archaeologist believes that Caral may also answer nagging questions about the long-mysterious origins of the Inca, the civilization that once stretched from modern-day Ecuador to central Chile and gave rise to such cities as Cuzco and Machu Picchu. Caral may even hold a key to the origins of civilizations everywhere.
    At least one other place lays claim to the oldest city in SA as well:

http://www.latinartmall.com/cuzco.htm

Cuzco is the oldest city in South America. Once the capital of the Incan Empire, it has always been one of the most developed cities in the ancient world. Just outside of Cuzco lie the ruins of Sacsahuaman built as a fortress to help protect the capital from attack. The entrance is marked by a massive megalithic gateway and astounding gray-blue walls. Here the ancient builders constructed three great terraces, which extend one above another for a third of a mile across the hill between two deep gulches. The lowest terrace of the fortress is faced with colossal boulders, many of which weigh ten tons and some weigh more than twenty tons, yet all are fitted together with the utmost precision.
    And the OLDEST European settlement in South America, is just as I stated before. Santo Domingo. Santo Domingo on the Island of Hispaniola, in the Dominican Republic was founded in 1496 by Bartholomew Columbus, the younger brother of Christopher Columbus.

http://www.britannica.com/EBchecked/.../Santo-Domingo

Santo Domingo, capital of the Dominican Republic and the oldest permanent city established by Europeans in the Western Hemisphere. It is situated on the southeast coast of the island of Hispaniola, at the mouth of the Ozama River. Santo Domingo was founded in 1496 by Bartholomew Columbus, brother of Christopher Columbus, as the capital of the first Spanish colony in the New World. The city is also the seat of the oldest Roman Catholic archbishopric in the Western Hemisphere.
    http://www.oldhouseweb.com/architect...rst-city.shtml

(North America)

Yet St. Augustine does enjoy an important historical distinction: The city is the oldest continuous European settlement in the U.S. Ever sinces it was founded in 1565 by the Spanish conquistador Pedro Menendez de Aviles, the city has been continuously inhabited.

My point here, Peterle is that you can't always believe everything you hear, whether in person or on the Internet. Now of course, *I* could be completely wrong on my history, but I just found links on the internet I could point too since it's not possible for me to list the exact locations of some of this data in ancient books (that I have read before) and for the most part, I don't have a copy of Columbus' logs available at the moment - but they are certainly available for you to read, probably in Italian as well as English.

Just because your cousin living in Venezuela might believe the misinformation of a communist government doesn't mean that I WILL believe it just because you are perpetuating false assumptions and lies based on what people in a foreign country (to you) have told you.
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

And just wanted to throw one more monkey wrench into these works. The following is an excerpt from a site called "Anomalistic History", which technically is "opinion" and is not 100% documented, but much of what the guy says on the page is actually historically documented and can be found if you dig deeply enough. I don't have the time to go visit the library any more to dig this shit up myself, so I'll leave it to you to find for yourself.

http://www.historiography101.blogspo...1_archive.html

World’s Oldest: The idea that Mesopotamia, which has long been considered as the cradle of civilization, has been broadened by more recent excavations in other parts of the Middle East, Egypt, Syria and the Far East. According to some archeological finds, Damascus, Syria (part of Syria was in Mesopotamia) may be able to claim the disputed reputation of being the oldest city in the world. More recent discoveries suggest that Damascus was first settled around 6,000 B.C. but some discoveries suggest that it is older than 8,000 B.C. Other cities as well claim the title of world’s oldest, but one city that is getting a lot of attention in recent years as the oldest is Jericho, Israel. Some archeologists (which includes many Biblical archeologist) are claiming that it was first settled somewhere around 11,000 to 8,000 B.C. It also has the distinction of being the lowest city in the world, at 820 feet below sea level.

Gosh, looks like the Jews have been around a lot longer than Nazis, Italians or Leftists....

Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

By the way... the answer to the question, asked by a Hispanic-American, Mr. Garcia in the original article is "No".

It took me a bit of time, but.... here you go:

From the 12 October 1492 entry in his journal wrote of the Arawak "Indians", "Many of the men I have seen have scars on their bodies, and when I made signs to them to find out how this happened, they indicated that people from other nearby islands come to San Salvador to capture them; they defend themselves the best they can. I believe that people from the mainland come here to take them as slaves. They ought to make good and skilled servants, for they repeat very quickly whatever we say to them. I think they can very easily be made Christians, for they seem to have no religion. If it pleases our Lord, I will take six of them to Your Highnesses when I depart, in order that they may learn our language." --Robert H. Fuson, ed., The Log of Christopher Columbus, Tab Books, 1992, International Marine Publishing, ISBN 0-87742-316-4
    The "men from other islands" were the tribe of Caribee Indians who were originally from... you guessed it, Venezuela....

More evidence that he was a Christian and not a Jew.... as claimed by a HISPANIC-OBAMA-Liberal:

http://www.ctlibrary.com/ch/1992/issue35/3502.html

Unlike many sailors then and now, Christopher Columbus never used profanity.
    During Columbus’s voyages, the ships’ crews observed religious rites. Every time they turned the half-hour glass (their primary means of keeping time), they cried: “Blessed be the hour of our Savior’s birth / blessed be the Virgin Mary who bore him / and blessed be John who baptized him.” They finished each day by singing vespers together (although reportedly they sang out of tune).
    Few Jews would have understood or followed Catholicism in those days.

Further more:

http://www.christianity.com/ChurchHistory/11629896/

Yet, the man was much more complex than the stories often reveal. Christopher was a very devout Catholic who observed all the fasts of the church and prayed regularly. His very name Christopher, which means Christ-bearer, he understood as a title of his destiny to carry the message of the gospel to far-off lands.

Christopher was particularly concerned with the power of the Ottoman Turks who controlled the eastern Mediterranean and were threatening Europe. If a way could be found of reaching India by sailing West, the Turks could be attacked from behind and perhaps the Holy Land itself could be rescued from their hands. Yes, Columbus was interested in trade and riches, but Christian concern also lay behind his plans.
    When land was sighted on this day October 12, 1492, in recognition of the divine aid in his voyage, Columbus named the land San Salvador, which means Holy Savior, and prayed,
    O Lord, Almighty and everlasting God, by Thy holy Word Thou hast created the heaven, and the earth, and the sea; blessed and glorified be Thy Name, and praised be Thy Majesty, which hath designed to use us, Thy humble servants, that Thy holy Names may be proclaimed in this second part of the earth.
    In keeping with the Christian motive underlying his mission, Columbus at first showed great concern for how the natives, whom he called Indians, were treated. He wrote,
    So that they might be well-disposed towards us, for I knew that they were a people to be delivered and converted to our holy faith rather by love than by force, I gave to some red caps and to others glass beads, which they hung around their neck, and many other things...I believe that they would easily be made Christians, for it seemed to me that they had no religion of their own.

Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

Also.... Leftist in this country BELIEVE that Columbus was actually on a Holy War as well...

I reckon you can't be a Jew and be on a Holy War for Christiandom can you?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/1..._n_995131.html

Hell, MOST of them think everything about him is a MYTH!

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/1...n_1000122.html
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

To people like peterle, people of Jewish faith seem to be less important than anyone else. That is made clear with the multitude of remarks previously posted by him. Antisemitism is always easy to spot.

-Ev

Thanks

It would seem as though either the quakes got him, or he figured out that this sort of talk isn't going to be tolerated any more.
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

I see it upsidedown.

People of Jewish faith are not more important than me.
    Your remarks dont say that at all. your remarks make it clear you think you are above them, and they are beneath everyone else. you dont realize how clearly that shines through in your comments. you can reply with any half-hearted explanation but every now and again your true views slip out, like they did in this thread.

-ev

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Donaldson View Post
    It would seem as though either the quakes got him, or he figured out that this sort of talk isn't going to be tolerated any more.
    Anti-semites and cockroaches share two facts: they are equally repugnant, and equally difficult to be rid of.

-ev

Thanks

Peterle...

its in your attitude, it's not completely in the words you say, but how you say them.

Throughout the time you have been on the site you seem to like to choose to pick on, or at the Jews.

Honestly, I've never seen you pick at the Muslims.

In fact, I've seen you defend them or appear to defend them.

Jewish people are only asking for one thing, to BE left the HELL alone.

And yet they can't seem to get peace from anyone.
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

So you come here to laugh at us then?

By the way, I was not a Gadaffi Fan. I wanted him dead.
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

We are full of hate here? No Peterle, the point has been that YOU are full of hate for the Jews.

I just want to know why that is.
    Libertatem Prius!

Thread Information