Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Mystery Missile Launch Seen Off California Coast

Thanks

Default Re: Mystery Missile Launch Seen Off California Coast

Well, it didn't work.

I am pretty sure it didn't work with the government that is.
    Libertatem Prius!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks

See your PM Michael.

Best wishes.
    Libertatem Prius!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by michael2 View Post
    How can you be sure of that, based on who our C-in-C is?

If Obama makes a nationalist response, irregardless if this missile launch is ever recognized for what it was, it would blunt his opposition. Perhaps the goal is ultimately to trap us into giving up on Taiwan in a game of false brinksmanship?
    On the second part of your statement....

You could be correct. There are some protocols in place however, in case there is no President. There are protocols in place if the President "ain't right".

I suspect he knows this... well, I'm sure he is aware.

When it comes to a "response" most LIKELY it would only occur IF and when there is a real detonation on US soil. We won't launch nukes unless someone hits us first. We would use nukes in certain circumstances based on... well, the degree the enemy is attacking us. Use of biological, radiological, chemical or nuclear weapons.

The President, or next surviving in the line of succession will make a decision to launch based on the circumstances and in conjunction with military leaders.

Of course, this is all very hypothetical because honestly, we've never had to do such a thing. The nuclear protocols have been in place since the early 1960s, and while the important details are classified at Top Secret I can tell you there are certainly ways around things.

In other words.... if the President himself is going to take the country down the road to defeat... he will be overruled somewhere along the way.

I won't say "Trust me" on this, but for the most part, there are other ways around things.

Will the current administration ever admit it? No, and there will be no response.
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

This guy said them all for me. I'm so glad for open source information, logic and reasoning. Without it, the world would be full of completely clueless people.

Ryan Mauro is a-1.

canto XXV Dante

from purgatory, the lustful... "open your breast to the truth which follows and know that as soon as the articulations in the brain are perfected in the embryo, the first Mover turns to it, happy...."
    Shema Israel

Thanks

Letter from a friend of mine, got it this morning:

ANOTHER GOVERNMENT COVER-UP!!! WILL IT EVER END???

Sliding silently under the mud, muck and fog of national politics, is a current event that makes Bill Clinton's excursion into the world of elderly sex look tame in comparison. This time the nation's national security is truly threatened in my opinion, and it involves not only a weak President with limited problem-solving ability, but leadership at the highest levels in the Pentagon as well. The American people would do well to demand a full investigation by an unbiased group, and let the chips fall where they may. I am referring to the "missile shot" taken of California coast recently, and the lame response by NORAD, the Pentagon and the White House itself.

First, in hope of adding some creditability to my assessment of what really happened just off the coast of Los Angeles let me convey a bit of my background which can be checked easily by going to Google and typing in my name. An Air Force biography will appear.

During the late eighties I was assigned to NORAD, as a Command Director initially and later as the assistant Director of Operations for NORAD. The NORAD operation was located inside the Cheyenne Mountain complex just outside Colorado Springs, Colorado. Twenty four hours a day a team of approximately 150 highly trained individuals, lead by a Brigadier General, monitored one of the most sophticated computer systems in the world. This system was fed data from many different sensors that were able to detect missile shots from any point on the globe. All this data was taken into consideration when making the "assessment" as whether or not North America and/or Canada were threatened by such a launch. If the launch was assessed as a true threat, the President was contacted immediately by NORAD through a military individual always close to the President who carried what we called, "the football", a black brief case with release codes for our nuclear forces. I know the system well, as for near three years I led one of those teams.

In addition, for over 25 years, I flew US Air Force fighters to include the F-106, F-4, F-15, F-16, and commanded an F-15 Squadron and an F-16 Wing. The sole purpose of the F-106 assignment was to maintain an ability to become airborne in minutes to intercept inbound bombers posing a threat to the US mainland. Untold hours were spent studying and being tested on visually identifying an air-to-air threat to include its type and threat potential. I understand the difference in an aircraft contrail and a missile launch contrail.

In my opinion there is absolutely no doubt that what was captured on video off the coast of California was a missile launch, was clearly observed by NORAD, assessed by a four-star General in minutes, and passed to the President immediately. That is the way the system works, and heads fall if there is a failure. This is one of the most important tenets of National Defense and its sole purpose of protecting the American people. Even the smallest failure in this system gets intense scrutiny at the highest level.

Now, the question that still must be answered is why NORAD's muted response was simply that North America was not threatened, and later our government approved the lame excuse that the picture recorded was simply an aircraft leaving a contrail. This decision was made far above the four-star level, and because the system in place demands it, was made by the President himself.

There are many possible answers to the question why. Normally, when a situation of this nature occurs the decision makers in Washington feel it would create panic among the mere mortals who go to work every day. To avoid shocking the population the truth is shaded, or sometimes just kept quite in hope it will just go away. I would say to our government officials who disregard the intelligence of the American people, be careful. The people are awakening, and their trust in our government is fading. This level of decision making will hasten that process.

In my opinion we must question the timing of this shot across our bow. The President was abroad being diplomatic, which means trying to placate China which is becoming overly concerned with our handling a totally out of control deficient in spending. They do not want our debt to them be paid in cheapened US dollars, and it appears that our current plan is to do just that. China is devoting a major portion of their GDP to defense spending, and what better time to show the US that they can slip a missile equipped submarine through the South Pacific undetected right up to one of our largest cities, than right now. And, the Chinese have the guts to do it.

Important in my opinion is that once again the leader of this nation chose to disguise the truth and keep the American people in the dark on an issue that constitutes a major threat to the entire population of the United States of America. This is no longer a threat to only our military thousands of miles from the homeland. This is a show of force sending a signal that downtown USA is now capably of being hit by an undetected submarine and at any time. It may very well be the beginning of the real power struggle between the United States and China. If so, I predict the next phase will be China's demand for the US to cease support of Taiwan, and so it goes.

President Obama is getting in over his head once again on this one. Hiding the severity of issues we face with China to include this possible signal of strength is a terrible mistake. It is happening at a time that our Secretary of Defense, under the guidance of the President, is literally gutting our military forces. We have seen it already when the F-22 buy was cut from over 600 aircraft to 187, and research and development for follow on systems severely reduced. This is but one of hundreds of examples of military reductions. I fear that this could be another reason for this cover-up. If the American people fully realized the severity of the threat they might demand restoring our military to face the growing threat from China and Russia, as opposed to the massive domestic spending that we have witnessed over the past two years.

So, where does this leave us? Again, the people must decide and place pressure on the government to insure that our National Security remains intact. Military strength prevents war. Military weakness invites not only war, but also a lack of deterrence for intervention and bullying on many fronts.

If there was ever a time for the people to look closely at the national leadership and demand honesty and integrity, it is now. This is not a Democrat or Republican issue. At issue is electing those who have the ability to make proper decisions for our country, and will do so with no regard to their own personal gain. It is time to elect a President and a Congress who will put country above self, and defend this great nation against all enemies, foreign or domestic, and above all be honest with the people who honored them with election to high office.

Jim Cash
    Brig. Gen., USAF, Ret.
    Last edited by American Patriot; November 16th, 2010 at 13:54.
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

There you have it from someone who actually knows and understands the threat. Don't take MY word for what *I* saw... I was only in the USAF for twenty-six years and "only a communications" guy.

What the hell do *I* know?

Unlike General Cash, I still work inside the system. I'll shut up now.
    Libertatem Prius!

Creepy Ass Cracka & Site Owner Ryan Ruck's Avatar
    Thanks

Wow, impressive piece. Sure seems like a ton of people with appropriate backgrounds think it was definitely a missile.

Thanks

General Cash has been on Fox news as a contributor before. He's a highly conservative commentator and was even too much for Fox news I think. haha I haven't seen him on there in a while.
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

Come to think of it, you're right. That's where I had seen his name before!

Where it's quiet, peaceful and everyone owns guns
    Thanks

Chinese Submarine was not the first on US coast

Posted on 12. Nov, 2010 by Raja Mujtaba in Hot Topics
    [Translate]

Sneaking subs into waters off the west coast — its happened before

By Wayne Madsen

The firing of a submarine-launched ballistic missile by a Chinese Jin-class submarine off the coast of southern California last Monday at the height of evening rush hour in Los Angeles was not the first time the U.S. Navy's anti-submarine warfare sensors in the Pacific have failed.

In 1981, a Soviet Victor-class nuclear submarine successfully evaded the Navy's Sound Surveillance System (SOSUS) network of underwater hydrophones, Towed Array Sensor System (TASS) ships, and P-3 sonobuoy-equipped aircraft and popped up off the Oregon coast alongside a Soviet fishing fishing trawler.

While serving as the Operations Officer at the Navy's SOSUS station at Coos Head, Oregon, this editor received a phone call from the Coast Guard station in Brookings, Oregon reporting that some local fishermen sighted a Soviet submarine alongside a fishing trawler flying the Soviet flag some 30 miles off Brookings.

The incident resulted in the sending of a "Bravo" visual sighting on a Navy-Wide Formatted Message Reporting System (RAINFORM) message to the Commander Oceanographic System Pacific (COMOCEANSYSPAC) in Pearl Harbor, Hawaii. Since the clear majority of Soviet submarine contact reports were SOSUS RED messages, meaning they submarine had been detected by the SOSUS acoustic arrays, the sending of a BRAVO visual sighting message to the Navy's top commands in Pearl Harbor created a political storm.

The Navy's higher-ups immediately began to question the veracity of the Oregon fishermen and the Coast Guard in an effort to limit the damage.

The reaction by the Navy was similar to the cover story now being issued by the Pentagon that the missile plume witnessed some 35 miles off the California coast was actually from a US Airways flight from Honolulu to Phoenix, a model rocket, or an optical illusion.

In 1981, a Victor-III Soviet nuclear attack submarine, armed with torpedos and anti-ship missiles, popped up previously undetected some 30 miles off the Oregon coast. The submarine had undergone significant noise-reduction modifications, with its turbine and propeller cavitation being quieted to avoid detection by U.S. Navy acoustic sensors in the Pacific. The Navy, embarrassed, covered up the incident.

The Navy, clearly embarrassed over the undetected presence of a Chinese Jin-class SSBN submarine off the coast of Los Angeles, is, some 40 years after the Victor-III incident, continuing its age-old tradition of covering up when it screws up. Aiding and abetting the Pentagon are a group of recently-minted "experts" from NASA, the Discovery Channel Rupert Murdoch's array of claptrap publications, Pentagon-funded web sites and think tanks, and other "usual suspects" in the conspiracy theory proffering business.

The Pentagon, shown to have wasted billions of dollars on a useless ballistic missile defense system, is working overtime with the media and on the Internet to cover up the latest debacle. However, even some reporters who cover the Pentagon full-time are beginning to question the Pentagon's version of events last Monday night over the skies west of Los Angeles.

Wayne Madsen is a Washington, DC-based investigative journalist, author and syndicated columnist. He has written for several renowned papers and blogs.

Madsen is a regular contributor on Russia Today. He has been a frequent political and national security commentator on Fox News and has also appeared on ABC, NBC, CBS, PBS, CNN, BBC, Al Jazeera, and MS-NBC.

Madsen has taken on Bill O’Reilly and Sean Hannity on their television shows. He has been invited to testifty as a witness before the US House of Representatives, the UN Criminal Tribunal for Rwanda, and an terrorism investigation panel of the French government.

As a U.S. Naval Officer, he managed one of the first computer security programs for the U.S. Navy. He subsequently worked for the National Security Agency, the Naval Data Automation Command, Department of State, RCA Corporation, and Computer Sciences Corporation.

Nikita Khrushchev: "We will bury you"
    "Your grandchildren will live under communism."
    “You Americans are so gullible.
    No, you won’t accept
    outright, but we’ll keep feeding you small doses of
    until you’ll finally wake up and find you already have communism.

."
    We’ll so weaken your
    until you’ll
    like overripe fruit into our hands."

Thanks

I find it kind of curious that nothing has shown up on Debka. Not that they are reliable source but I'm suprised nothing has been said over there.

Thanks

Haven't seen a response from China either...

Was mysterious missile launch a Chinese signal?

• November 17th, 2010 8:19 am ET

Sub-aquatic missile lauch off Claifornia coast
    Photo: AP

The mysterious launch of a missile 30 miles off the coast of California last week may be announcing a change occurring in world geopolitics from one of U.S. to Chinese hegmony. In order to downplay what appears to have been a Chinese publicity stunt, the story has all but disappeared from the American press in recent days.

NORAD gave the 'LA Times' the following rather vacuous statement regarding the incident:

'We are aware of the unexplained contrail reported off the coast of Southern California yesterday evening, At this time, we are unable to provide specific details but we are working to determine the exact nature of this event... We can confirm (however) that there is no indication of any threat to our nation and we will provide more information as it becomes available.'

Now, the question that should be asked is why did NORAD to this in such a muted tone? North America was not threatened?

Why has the government recently approved the explanation that the event was simply an aircraft leaving a contrail when there should be little doubt that what was captured on video off the coast of California was a Chinese missile launch?

Here are a few possible answers. The President was abroad being diplomatic, which means he was trying to placate China concerning our handling of debts by printing money. The Chinese do not want our debt to them paid in cheapened US dollars, though it appears our current plan is to do just that.

China, on the other hand, is devoting a major portion of her GDP to defense spending, and what better way to show the US who's serious about this than by slipping a missile-equipped submarine right under the nose of one of our largest cities?

The missile was clearly foreign made and launched by a sub-surface aquatic platform. It did not exhibit the typical 'corkscrewing' trajectory of a beam-riding missile as it tries to acquire the targeting beam. This indicates that it was a Big Boy, replete with it own guidance system, or what is nicknamed a 'fire and forget' missile.

Secondly, the protocols to launch a missile are complex. There is no way this was an accidental U.S. launch, as some have suggested. There is no "one red button" to launch such a missile. Two keys are turned to arm the system, but it takes at least three other things to occur in proper sequence to launch such a bird. So that’s at least 5 people all doing something at the right time.

Third, the missile did not look like one of ours. The vapor trail appears 'dirty' or brownish. American missiles use fuel cells that produce a whitish-blue and very clean chemtrail. That missile with is dark brown chemtrail clearly had crude fuel cells, typical of Chinese missile products.

Once again it appears that the leaders of this nation have chosen to disguise the truth and keep the American people in the dark on an issue that constitutes a major threat to the entire population of the United States of America.

No, you won’t accept

."
    We’ll so weaken your
    until you’ll

Thanks

Friday, November 19, 2010

FROM JOSEPH FARAH'S G2 BULLETIN
    WorldNetDaily Exclusive

Experts: Mystery contrail
    was from Chinese missile

'Muted response' was decision
    'made by the president himself'

Posted: November 19, 2010
    8:00 pm Eastern

WorldNetDaily

Contrail was recorded in this image by KCBS-KCAL in California

Although the U.S. Defense Department and North American Aerospace Defense Command have speculated publicly that the unidentified contrail of a projectile soaring into the skies off the California coast – and recorded by a KCBS television crew – came from a jet and posed no security threat to the U.S., several experts are raising provocative and disturbing questions about the government's official response, reports Joseph Farah's G2 Bulletin.

Two governmental military experts with extensive experience working with missiles and computer security systems have examined the television video and conclude the mysterious contrail originating some 30 miles off the coast near Los Angeles did not come from a jet – but rather, they say the exhaust and the billowing plume emanated from a single source nozzle of a missile, probably made in China.

They further suggest the missile was fired from a submerged Chinese nuclear submarine off America's coast, and point out that the timing of the alleged Chinese missile shot coincided with an increasing confrontation between the U.S. and China, and was likely meant to send a message to Washington.

Indeed, the Federal Aviation Administration documents that there were no aircraft flying in the area at that time, the night of Nov. 8.

"The question that still must be answered is why NORAD's muted response was simply that North America was not threatened, and later our government approved the lame excuse that the picture recorded was simply an aircraft leaving a contrail," said retired U.S. Air Force Brig. Gen. Jim Cash.

A former U.S. Air Force fighter pilot and commander of an F-15 squadron and an F-16 wing, Cash was assigned to NORAD as an assistant director of operations at the Cheyenne Mountain complex near Colorado Springs, Colo., and is fully knowledgeable of NORAD procedures.

"There is absolutely no doubt that what was captured on video off the coast of California was a missile launch, was clearly observed by NORAD, assessed by a four-star general in minutes, and passed to the president immediately," he said.

Even more ominously, cautioned Cash: "We must question the timing of this shot across our bow. The president was abroad being diplomatic, which means trying to placate China which is becoming overly concerned with our handling a totally out-of-control deficit in spending."

Wayne Madsen, a former naval officer who has worked at the National Security Agency and the Naval Data Automation Command, said the inability to pick up what he described as a Chinese Jin-class submarine-launched ballistic missile isn't the first time U.S. Navy anti-submarine warfare sensors have failed.

Madsen, who today is an investigative journalist, said the Pentagon is working "overtime with the media and on the Internet to cover up the latest debacle. However, even some reporters who cover the Pentagon full-time are beginning to question the Pentagon's version of events ... over the skies west of Los Angeles."

Dr. Lyle J. Rapacki of Sentinel Intelligence Services, LLC, said the contrail incident off the Los Angeles coast is "fraught with peril" due to the defense systems and protocols in place that should have detected the alleged submarine.

"The decision to officially announce that North America was not threatened," he said, "and all the excitement was due to an aircraft leaving a contrail is a decision that reaches beyond the four-star general level and goes directly to a decision made by the commander-in-chief."

G2Bulletin calls to the Pentagon and NORAD for comment beyond previous official statements were not returned.

No, you won’t accept

."
    We’ll so weaken your
    until you’ll

Thanks

You heard it HERE FIRST my friends....

Connections.

(Cash sent me his note first and was going to be sending it out to the media the same day)
    Libertatem Prius!

Repeatedly Redundant...Again
    Thanks

That is one hell of a threat.

If it was me and I launched a missile as a threat, the next one would hit a target.

So if that's really where we're sitting today...

Holy cow.

Thanks

Glenn Beck says its a missile. Not that he himself has any special qualifications butI'm sure he knows plenty of people who know people.

Glenn Beck: They’re Lying To Us About The Mystery Contrail
    November 19, 2010

Glenn Beck said today that he has spoken to military experts about the mystery contrail from a few weeks ago and he says it’s definitely not a plane, but rather a two stage missile. He just wants to know where it came from, and he has a theory. Beck postulates that this missile was possibly from a Chinese sub off the coast of California, perhaps as a show of force to the world, but even more so to President Obama.

Thanks

Well, of all the people I've HEARD say it was a missile, I have the largest group of "people who know people". I would BET money my people trump his people.

Remember where I work? I've talked to about two dozen folks who are saying it was definitely a missile to the group who WON'T SAY ANYTHING about it. That, my friends says volumes.

A co-worker (she's Korean) says she believes the missile was a missile, it was China, it was a warning and this shooting war last night in Korea was based directly on China's word saying "Go for it".

They are trying to provoke the US into doing something, but everyone on both sides are pretty sure with our current administration NOTHING WILL HAPPEN>
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Donaldson View Post
    I just found this... it's older, but...
    This hidden missile with nuclear, biological, or chemicals warfare is what concerns me, but then again, Christianity renders calm.

Thanks

Extremely doubtful, Peterle. Extremely doubtful.
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

No, you won’t accept

."
    We’ll so weaken your
    until you’ll

Thread Information