Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How Did They Cut This?

Repeatedly Redundant...Again
    Thanks

Default Re: How Did They Cut This?

Understood Phil.

Just the other day, as I was working on some family history stuff, I thought, "Why in the world have we lost so much family history? There are things about my grandfather that my dad just doesn't know."

It kinda put this thread's topic into perspective.

If 1 generation can't keep track, how could 20?

Thanks

Surely intelligent beings would live by the motto of pack out what you pack in. Having said that, surely also some kid would have seen something shiny and tried to keep it for himself.

Being in construction most of my life I have done and seen some pretty cool stuff. We once moved a 25 ton, 50 foot long price of steel basically by hand, using hydraulic jacks and rollers. I have done all forms of concrete cutting and core drilling with diamond blades, so I have an idea to what it takes to cut stone. While I'm not exactly certain how they did this, I'm not ready to say it was alien tech. Most likely a form of old tech that was lost to history.

Thanks

I'm watching this video now Backstop.

I find even the pyramids amazing. I've visited them, and many other of the tombs.

All of them are mind boggling.

However, in those rocks you CAN see marks of chisels and sanding.

As for the mica used in the building (found 3000 miles away) I am not so sure they found the actual source of the mica - since I've found the stuff pretty much anyplace I've lived.
    Libertatem Prius!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by catfish View Post
    Surely intelligent beings would live by the motto of pack out what you pack in. Having said that, surely also some kid would have seen something shiny and tried to keep it for himself.

Being in construction most of my life I have done and seen some pretty cool stuff. We once moved a 25 ton, 50 foot long price of steel basically by hand, using hydraulic jacks and rollers. I have done all forms of concrete cutting and core drilling with diamond blades, so I have an idea to what it takes to cut stone. While I'm not exactly certain how they did this, I'm not ready to say it was alien tech. Most likely a form of old tech that was lost to history.
    I'll bet you moved that piece of steel on a concrete surface, eh?

Based on that, I think you'd get a kick out of Christopher Dunn's book (on the first page of this thread).

I'm also in agreement so far as it may have been done with technology that is lost to us, and not aliens.

I wonder if we'll ever really know.
    Last edited by Backstop; September 9th, 2011 at 02:33.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Donaldson View Post
    However, in those rocks you CAN see marks of chisels and sanding.
    Can you give me the time stamp of what you're talking about?

Thanks

Just for laffs or fun, adding that I never left much room, perhaps a tera-tera nanobyte to the negative tera trillionth power of the existence of ET's and their visiting earth. After viewing carnac, malta, the incas, egyptian pyramids et al- I'll have to confess that the remote possibility has raised odds in my "brain".

canto XXV Dante

from purgatory, the lustful... "open your breast to the truth which follows and know that as soon as the articulations in the brain are perfected in the embryo, the first Mover turns to it, happy...."
    Shema Israel

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks

Before anyone falls off the rocker and jumps for glee that another "extremely reasonable and prudent" .... boring, etc. person has jumped on the wagon of et/ufo freak, I'd like to recap some "udder" thots, which not being so wise- I never thunk.

But first_____ the obvious. Then last- I'll tell the story of "the rock".

(btw, backstop) great video, & you've kindled a mite of interest for me in this subject- as PF mentions- in our culture- i dont matter what happened 10 or 100 thou years ago- and in many respects it's not important. However, the obvious possibility is and was portayed in "planet of the apes".

nuff said on that- I saw the recent flick and it sucked, just as guru catfish predicted.

Do we all remember the 1st planet of the apes? Or just the ending? I think it was about 1969-71, about the same time I had a chat with the wise farmer about "the rock". I was about 14-16 and people were relatively "chilled out" about the soviet bomb threat when across the wide screen, at the end of a picture of apes controlling humans- at the end- the statue of liberty and figures of men on the moon were portayed in rubbles-

canto XXV Dante

from purgatory, the lustful... "open your breast to the truth which follows and know that as soon as the articulations in the brain are perfected in the embryo, the first Mover turns to it, happy...."
    Shema Israel

Thanks

recap

Like Rick, I was also not impressed by the mica- that it was "certainly" transported from Brazil to Peru. I was however impressed by the storage of mica, and the unique properties and current use of the same in heat-de generating process particularly in space vehicles.

catfish has a plausible and experienced angle on moving rocks. With a few trillion ball bearings and a bit of grease- moving mountains is no sweat- especially if you have big beasts- such as tyranasaurus. rex.

pf- adds an interesting & intersecting dimension. I don't choose to "delve" into the matter now, yet it is perfectly reasonable to suppose that supernatural force was used in both the erection and carving of certain monuments. Supernatural could include "diabolic", "the good and kindly God Creator", or human interaction with one, the other or an unknown or undefined source.

canto XXV Dante

Shema Israel

Creepy Ass Cracka & Site Owner Ryan Ruck's Avatar
    Thanks

This thread is sorely lacking a picture of Giorgio Tsoukalos's hair...

Thanks

Hair?

What hair?

"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat."
    -- Theodore Roosevelt

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Backstop View Post
    Can you give me the time stamp of what you're talking about?
    Sorry, guess I wasn't clear, not in the video. In the rocks I've looked at in Egypt, specifically in several tombs, and on the rocks of the pyramids.
    Libertatem Prius!

Creepy Ass Cracka & Site Owner Ryan Ruck's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Malsua View Post
    Hair?

What hair?
    What's funny is sans hair, Mr. Tsoukalos bears a slight resemblance to one of my managers.

Thanks

sami, you're killing me.

-----------------

Thanks, Rick.

I'll watch the video again, and see if what you mention is in there - maybe it's in there also.

Thanks

With the tools we think mankind had at the time it doesn't seem possible to cut the stones in the pyramids. Aliens? I don,t think so, forgotten knowledge and an abundance of slave labor would be more likely.

My Dad used to make a mean home brew beer, now that he is gone so is his recipe. Likewise, my cousin used to make an extreme batch of moonshine, with his passing so goes the shine. It doesn't take much time for knowledge to go by the wayside.

I have to align myself with the idea of forgotten knowledge.

I thought mica was one of the main ingredients in sand, but I may be mistaken.
    "Still waitin on the Judgement Day"

Literary Wanderer
    Thanks

If there's one thing I've learned from watching too much TV is that ancient mankind was far more resourceful than we give them credit for. The cutting of stone, no matter the hardness, is but a repetitive abrasive process. It's very possible that ancient cultures had the ability to cut stone using saws containing a very hard abrasive material (ie. corundum or topaz). They most certainly would have known of this concept as people have been cutting substances for millennia. Another thought that occurred to me is the concept of hydraulic cutting tools – a highly pressurized liquid could also cut stone without difficulty. Translating this concept into potential for ancient cultures is where I stumble. Ancient engineering principles are pretty amazing though, sans alien explorers.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MinutemanCO View Post
    Translating this concept into potential for ancient cultures is where I stumble. Ancient engineering principles are pretty amazing though, sans alien explorers.
    In Dunn's book that I mentioned earlier, the symmetry of the statues - specifically the face - is amazing - I mean it's freaking perfect.

Let me see if I can find some of his/that work on the net.
    Last edited by Backstop; September 10th, 2011 at 00:00.

Thanks

No
    standing
    Miss

I was so enthralled by the utube flick, on a topic- archeology & ancient history, that I'll divulge some of the true facts concerning the "rock" story, in a chuckle, serious, mystical framework.

(a few laughs for backstop & minuteman)

On a technical point, Phil captured an important detail, which curiously enough gave me the bravo to test the farmer's wisdom, since I was only a stupid 15 year old kid & this was my first overnite on a farm & I needed a bit of wisdom before we slept in the barn.

The farmer's nephew, and several "friends" all encouraged me to ask him, so I did.

"What's the difference between pullin a rock, and pushin it?", said the 15 year old boy.
    (truly he was curious, and proud of himself for being the only one brave enough to ask, yet secretly (unbeknownst to himself) he was dominated by "occult pride" & just wanted to get good & fuckin drunk enough to be able to sleep and lay in the hay.

The wise farmer curtly retorted.... repeating the question to a dumfounded geek, expecting some kind of "down to earth logic" which could be applied while later doing wrist curls and elbow bends w/ Schlitz in the bottle W/ the twist off caps.

With a bit of mercy and kind gesture- the wise farmer gently said- "Now you repeat the question, and ask yourself. Tell me what you think, and I'll give you an answer."

//laffs- next day I woke up (no misunderstanding) not hungover, but hutched in---"my friends finally bailed me out, but I woke up "baled in" by four rows of hay bails & a ceiling I couldn't reach.//

So back to my retort.

iIrepeated the question & asked my self- what the difference between pulling or pushing a rock.¿

Then I told him- I really don't know sir.
    "tell me what you really think".

"Ok, sir. I really don't care about rocks. I just came here to get away and see what a farm is like, maybe ride a horse, touch a horse, see the animals. And get drunk a little bit- after all it's the weekend."

wise farmer: " That's poor judgement, sunny. (he was lookin at the rock, not me.) Now, I'll tell you. Before you even think about movin a rock, you gotta figure how the rock got there, and why you wanna move it. I know a rock named Christ, and there's no pushin or pullin that Rock. Nuff horsin around."

canto XXV Dante

Shema Israel

Thanks

So that's the brief "rock" story. However, (quaint it may seem that memories evoke true wisdom), ...

moral of story--- stay sober---since the "planet of the apes", steel lurks, and it aint a good idea to wake up non sober if it do happen.

1. How did the rocks get there? Many could be natural "intelligent design" formations.

canto XXV Dante

Shema Israel

Literary Wanderer
    Thanks

Petra. Big "P". Me too. My rock.

Thanks

Thanks, sami.

I've listened to a fair amount of DeGarmo & Key back in the mid to late 80s.

Thread Information