Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Site Not Available

Super Moderator and PHILanthropist Extraordinaire Phil Fiord's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Re: Site Not Available

uh oh. I couldn't get here first try. A reload did it though.

Banned
    Thanks

Well, I think I've figured out why this site is no longer available on some government servers. The conspiracy and paranormal site Anomalies is verboten - blocked by SmartFilters due to its content. Associated sites are also blocked by the same SmartFilters. That suggests to me that the IP's must be within a set block of IP's that Uncle Sam deems - for lack of a better word - objectionable.

wonderful.

Thanks

Well, I think I've figured out why this site is no longer available on some government servers. The conspiracy and paranormal site Anomalies is verboten - blocked by SmartFilters due to its content. Associated sites are also blocked by the same SmartFilters. That suggests to me that the IP's must be within a set block of IP's that Uncle Sam deems - for lack of a better word - objectionable.
    They are adding things to the filters as we speak. Yesterday they put out a statement adding things like this:

Modify the pertinent Websense policies so that access to all websites within the "Illegal or Questionable, Militancy and Extremist, Racism and Hate, Violence" categories will subsequently be blocked.

TAA isn't on it yet, nor is Anomalies, but Ifigure that's coming too.

That means Olav you need to get it so I can get TAA at HOME. Currently the ONLY place I can reach it is at work.

I've given Olav access to my systems at home to do some back tracing and he ought to be able to verify what it is. We've been emailing but it's like one email every day or so. It's taking a long time, and I know he's busy, but it's getting pretty frustrating.

Libertatem Prius!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Donaldson View Post

That means Olav you need to get it so I can get TAA at HOME. Currently the ONLY place I can reach it is at work.
    It's just the opposite for me. At work the DOIM servers forbid access to TAA. The only place I can acces this site is at home - which is fine all things considered.

Thanks

Problem is, Sean, I'm not going to be able to get it much longer at work, that's why I'm kinda freaking out about this.

By the way, I AM getting to it using that same IP/url combo that you had sent out a few months back. That's what I have been using at work. However, when I use the full URL with transasian axis in the URL it still works at my job.

DOD is doing a lot of locking down, in case most of you didn't know this.

My site, where I work is going "live". We're no longer a Research and Development place. We're a live, in-the-middle-of-the-war place now. That means the DOD and MDA are locking everything down.

I believe one of their "ideas" is that news and information from outside should be limited to the people on the inside to prevent us from... umm... well, if the shit hits the fan, they don't want everyone running home to be with their families we will say.

At least that is the impression I'm getting from higher up. My job in the building is maintaining the physical security of the building, preventing people from going places they aren't authorized. I maintain all the electronic systems that do that, and while I have access to most areas (I have access to ALL areas if necessary) but I don't go INTO areas when I'm not doing my job, thus I'm as in the dark sometimes as everyone else.

when the SHTF I'm going to be out of the loop I think
    Libertatem Prius!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks

This

http://65.77.135.178/vb/

Is working for me now, from home. It doesn't always seem to work though.

-Mal

Thanks

This is getting pretty frustration, but at least I can get in from home with it.
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

As to getting outside news when TSHTF, try a BlackBerry. Mine has no camera, so no issue over that in secure facilities. That is why the wife cannot bring her cell to work. It is hard to find a phone without a camera. I am probably going to buy her one like mine to get her a phone she can use at work when needed. Also, you can go online and see your favorite news sites.

Sadly this site uses frames so I have to chose the frame to use to access this site, but as I just tested, I can access this site on my BB. Color scheme looks fantastic on my BB though.

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Malsua View Post
    This

http://65.77.135.178/vb/

Is working for me now, from home. It doesn't always seem to work though.

-Mal
    That's what I refer to as the "back door". It used to work for me away from home - but no longer.

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Fiord View Post
    As to getting outside news when TSHTF, try a BlackBerry. Mine has no camera, so no issue over that in secure facilities.
    Phil,

A cell phone with or without a camera is not the real issue. When it comes to truly secure government facilities - no cell phones are allowed in period. They are left at front entrance.

Thanks

Phil,

A cell phone with or without a camera is not the real issue. When it comes to truly secure government facilities - no cell phones are allowed in period. They are left at front entrance.
    I live in a restricted area. A one-mile by one-mile fenced RA. Signs say "No cameras". My building specifically disallows....

weapons, real, fake or pretend (not even a kiddie dart gun with the rubber suction cups)

Thumb drives. Verboten.

Cell phones. Nada. Not allowed.

Disks, and other media. Nope.

Lap tops. Used to be able to carry mine in, not no mo'.

Blackberries... if they are fruit and you can eat em, ok. If they are electronic, they have to have "Property of the US Government" on them. Otherwise, no.

Cameras. Nope. You bring one in, it's a "Security Incident". lotsa paperwork, debriefing, and perhaps a severe beating if supposely know better. lol

Basically, Phil... I live in a vacuum there. lol If I can't get it from a TV in the caffaterria, or news from the internet, or a landline, I don't get the information. AND they control the televisions. And the telephones. AND the internet.

So....

that said, if the shit hits the fan and I'm at work, you guys are very likely NOW to know more and be more aware than I will be, until they lock us down.

We go Delta, and ain't nobody leaving anyway.
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

Somehow I missed replying to this. My x wife works in a secure facility in the private sector, that is what the difference may be. Her company allows cell phones, but no camera can be on it. A little hard as consumer models usually have them now. Her current work is not on secret projects, but proprietary info. She is a solid person of good character for secure matters.

When I first met her she worked for Northrup. Thats all I knew. That and her position title which was pretty general. I asked about her work and she brushed it off as mundane stuff found everywhere in companies. I believed it.

These days, she is with another company in a similar position, but at a higher level. One thing I always loved about her is her ability to not even mention what is not meant to be discussed. In other words, she does not gossip or have loose lips. Pretty cool that home life was always that. Home life, because she does not talk about work.

The divorce is not hostile, just how life worked out for us is all.

Thanks

Rick

The thing that has always frosted me, is this. What EXACTLY is it that you may perhaps be doing at any particular moment is "privledged"?

I am not bagging on the concept of secrecy, I really get it. I guess my point is that the secrecy of Sat pics is done. The Military should embrace this and use future tech to solve the REAL proble

Thread Information