I'd like you all to welcome the newest member of my family...

Looking front:

Looking back:

Interior:

She's a 1994 M998A1 that's got the 6.2L diesel and only has 38,669 miles. The original listing is here with more pics, a couple vids of it idling, and other details.

Won her at auction this afternoon for $9,500. A 10% buyer's fee, 6% Kentucky sales tax, and title fees added about another $1,750 to the price tag.

The only hitch is that it is sold as being titled for off road use only but here in Ohio I should, according to my Deputy brother, be able to get it inspected by the Highway Patrol and so long as it is equipped with a list of certain equipment, get an on road title and license plate for it. It's supposed to be the same process by which dune buggies and the like are able to be titled, plated, and driven on the road around here.

It's at a facility about 4.5 hours south of me in Kentucky. Going to trailer it back.

I also will not be able to pick it up for 8-12 weeks while the End Use Certificate for my purchase is approved by Uncle Sam. The EUC basically says since it is a defense article, I'm not going to export it overseas.

Already have a list of upgrades that are going to get done to it. I've picked up LED headlights, tail lights, marker lights, and front signals for it like the newest HMMWVs have. Also picked up a new canvas rear cargo area cover/roof that extends all the way to the tailgate like this:

Next upgrade, once I've got the truck so I can take measurements, is to upgrade the seats. If you look at the link, you can see the ones it comes with suck! Definitely going to add some locking storage for runs to the store and the like since it is a soft top. Will also be adding some LED off road lighting soon after I get it and can measure what will fit where.

Other upgrades planned include the air lift/heavy duty rear bumper and eventually an Ibis Tek tire/fuel can carrier:

as well as an Ibis Tek heavy duty winch front bumper:

Down the road I want to install the Red Dot A/C system that was designed for the truck as well as a deep water fording kit.

I've wanted a Hummer/HMMWV since since before I could even drive and am just absolutely thrilled to finally own one! Plus, it's been 12 years since I've owned a personal vehicle since I've worked jobs with company provided work trucks. Figured it would be a good idea to have personal transportation so why not make it something special!

When I mentioned the other day that I cashed out the 401k from my old job, this is what a bit of it's going to.